They Came...They Ate....They Destroyed!

Dinner and Dessert w/the In laws. Yes, yesterday was Wednesday and you know what that means. Every Wednesday my In laws come over for dinner and dessert....Ok they really come to visit w/the grandkids! They pretty much entertain the 15 month old Munchkin so I can eat sitting down and slowly for once! Ha ha! Those of you with children know it is a rare thing where Mommy can sit to have a meal and not stand holding a babe!
Basically Lils points at everything and they walk her to it and let her destroy it. You should see my cabinets! She messed w/everything in them last night! The In laws told me to just wait until they babysit on our upcoming DATE NIGHT. (2 weeks from this weekend and yes I'm counting down the days) I love my In laws...and I'm soooo blessed that they love coming every week! They crack me up b/c they let Lils do whatever she wants. I'll tell her no...and she'll give me that bottom lip pucker pout and then run to them! Ha Ha!

My WW diet started again on Monday and so I have to watch what I'm cooking or I'll eat a the house....We had 'Diner Meatloaf' (6pts for 2 servings! ohhh yeah) and I made Maple Pecan Snack Cake for dessert! It was different and good...and thought it was definitely worthy of a blog rant


Ingredients

  • Cake:
  • 1 cup maple syrup
  • 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (about 11 1/4 ounces)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Cooking spray

  • Frosting:
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 1 tablespoon whipping cream
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350°.

2. To prepare cake, combine first 5 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk.

3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, 1/4 cup pecans, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add syrup mixture to flour mixture; stir until well blended. Pour batter into a 9-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.

4. To prepare frosting, combine sugar, 2 1/2 tablespoons syrup, cream, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Spread frosting evenly over cooled cake; sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans.

Nutritional Information

Calories:
261 (29% from fat)
Fat:
8.4g (sat 3.6g,mono 3.1g,poly 1.2g)
Protein:
3.8g
Carbohydrate:
43.2g
Fiber:
0.9g
Cholesterol:
27mg
Iron:
1.4mg
Sodium:
208mg
Calcium:
44mg

Comments

YUM! Ill be over in 2 minutes okay?!
I mean if you have some left haha!
Anonymous said…
That looks soooo good. Mmmmmm

Popular Posts