It was my 1st Time!


(The birthday girl is in the zebra pants)

This was my 1st slumber party this weekend...awwww ...
Ok it was actually my 9yr old daughter's first slumber party...the theme was Black/Pink/White Zebra!

Here are a few photos....
The Tablescape

2 of our 4 Blessings!


Some extras...


After the dancing to some country music videos we did a really cool craft. About a year or so ago I saw this in the Family Fun magazine....I'm soooo glad I remembered it. i headed to Hobby Lobby and bought a bag full of cut up panty hose and got the girls started! They had a blast and better yet...the craft took about 30mins + woohoo

Panty Hose Jump Rope

Then it was time to cut the cake.....I had obsessed and procrastinated about making it. I have zero talent or creativity and wanted to get zebra stripes on the cake to match the party!....Luckily my friend and neighbor Tara came to my rescue!

Here is the break down of the cake...Mini Me helped spread the icing and decorate the nilla wafer heads...

First bake the cake and put a thin layer of icing on
Then cut Twinkies in half and lay them on the cake....spread a layer of icing above the Twinkies for a sheet
Add smashed marshmellows for pillows

Decorate Nilla wafers for the faces...lay them against the pillows and then add icing to the rest of the cake for a comforter

Lastly..have your friend come over and rescue you since you were too scared to attempt the Zebra print! Then thank her over and over "TARA THANK YOU"
Typical girls to smash their face in the cake...I had to have a picture! I think those will make terrific Thank You cards!
We put a DVD on and around midnight I was getting a bit drowsy! Off to bed...or so I was hoping....I could hear them chatting until about 2am this morning...needless to say I'm exhausted. My daughter woke up w/her hair matted together! I guess the girls were hoping to get toothpaste on her face while she slept, but instead it ended up in her hair! ha ha!

OHHH it was so much fun, but I have to admit I'm glad this only happens once a year! ;o)





Comments

Kenya said…
The cake looks amazing!!! Look like your daughter had a blast.
Vanessa said…
What a great idea! Looks like everyone had a blast -- hope you got some rest the next day! :-)
Brandi said…
Looks like they had a great time. I miss slumber parties. The cake is so cute.
Cora said…
So much fun fun fun....and too cute decorations! You did an awesome job! Love the stripes! Its good to have friends.
Happy B'day miss 9!
Caroline said…
Fun! You did a great job! Especially on the cake! It looks like the girls really enjoyed themselves!
That looks like an awesome party! I love that you put so much effort into it!
Slamdunk said…
Nicely done--A+ for the cake ideas. Glad you all got a little sleep.
Unknown said…
Looks like our kind of par-tay!!! My girls have a hot pink & zebra print bathroom!
Alissa said…
THis looks like so much fun, oh the days of slumber parties fun times. Cute decorations!
Anonymous said…
Wow, birthday parties have gotten much more fancy since I was a kid!! It looks like a great time!
Anonymous said…
that tablescape is so adorable! i can't wait until my daughter is old enough for slumber parties.

new follower!
Anonymous said…
So fun! Makes me remember all those slumber parties I had as a young girl. Great job on the decor and cake!
Annie said…
Great pics!! LOVE the theme and that cake...so sweet!!
Unknown said…
That theme is precious! You did a great job!
Just Add Walter said…
that cake is soooooo adorable (and somewhat easy)!! I just love it! The party looks like it was a great success!!
noelle said…
wow...you girls from texas know how to throw a party! it looks like they had a wonderful time!
Perpetual Prep said…
Could you please come plan my birthday?! Wow. Looks awesome - and the girls look like they had a blast! Way to go!!!
Liz Mays said…
You made that such a fun party!! What a memory you gave her!
Unknown said…
Oh what fun! And I love the cake too!
Looks like you two had a blast! I'm sure the other girls did too! I LOVE the cake!!
How fun! I wish I was 9 again so I could have come to this party! Slumber parties were not this cool back in my day!
Kudos to you for being such a great mom!

xo
Blair
Angie said…
I love the cake...slumber parties are the best...EVER!!
Carey said…
I supervised my baby sister's slumber party one night...I woke up to peanut butter everywhere the next morning. I'm still not sure what they did with it, but it was all over them and in the carpet too! That was the last time I was left in charge :)
I Do Declare said…
What you did with the table, turning it into a bed, was adorable!

Popular Posts