Knob Not Nice

A few months back I decided that I wanted to change all the hardware out in the entire house w/bronzed oil finish...(right now we have nickel)
I love love love our style of hardware and so I found the exact ones we already have in the finish I wanted

I thought that we could slowly go through each room later and change out the sinks/light fixtures to match. So I bought the pulls and knobs and he "enthusiasticly" changed them out. Did I mention that there are 48 knobs and 32 pulls?
Well a few days went by and I just couldn't be in my kitchen w/o thinking I was standing in some 70's throw back room. All of our appliances are stainless steel....even our door knobs are nickel.....The bathrooms I am ok with...b/c I know one day we will change out the fixtures....but my kitchen...THAT'S MY PLACE...the place I spend most of my time. I call the kitchen the 'great room' . Our eating area, living room, kitchen, and my computer desk nook are all one big open space. I love this part of the house because even if we are in 3 different spaces we are all still in the same room together! We have this huge island in the kitchen where we do all of our prepwork, homework....! The back of the house has all windows where I can look out all day long at the back and be happy! But it just didn't look that great anymore! I fell out of love you could say.
I decided to break the news to hubby this weekend that I wanted to change the hardware back in just the kitchen and office nook area. He looked at me like I was crazy. I explained and he got out the power tools and proceded to correct my mistake for me.
Trust me I'd do it for him, but I think he feels the handy work is his work. Fine by me! :o)
You know it must be ♥ when he does this during playoffs!!

Comments

Mrs. Potts said…
I'm glad he changed them back for you! The kitchen is definitely MY place too, even though ours is tiny.
Anonymous said…
That is totally something that I would have done too girl! I have a little something waiting for you over at my place when you have time. XOXO
CynthiaK said…
Oh, I so hear you on the kitchen. We are (fingers crossed) renovating ours this summer and I cannot wait! As moms, we really do spend so much time in there, non?

That's one sweet man you've got there doing all of that for you! He knows that you're be just that much happier with the change. :)

Popular Posts