Insane In The Membrane


Have you seen those kids out while you're shopping....You know the ones...that are totally freaking out insane....running rampant....their voices are so loud it could break glass? And you wonder what is wrong with their parents...I mean why can't they control them?
Well I was one of those parents yesterday! I swear I wanted to die....You'd think I would be used to this...I'm a mommy to 4 kids, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I can honestly say not one of the my first 3 kids acted like this in public...let alone at 16m of age!
Lils is a different child. She has been putting shoes on since she was 11m old. She will get any shoe she sees and put the pairs together and then put them on to walk in them. She will get brushes out of drawers and brush your hair and/or the dogs...She mimics everything she sees. Which for some of the things she does at her age is amazing in my book. The other day I saw her in the cabinet playing w/the toilet paper and tampons. She was actually putting the tampon "down there"...I was shocked that she knew what to do....She is my shadow and goes everywhere I go, but I've only had 3 periods since giving birth to her and how can she possibly remember something like that?. Gross I know...but I'm trying to explain this child.
She climbs on the sink and turns the faucet on to get water to swish in her mouth like when we brush our teeth!
When the dog barks she tries to hush him w/her hand like she has seen us do.
She will shout "Uh Oh" whenever something is not in it's place.
Lils will carry the laundry to the utility room for washing. She tries to hang towels up after showers. She likes lotion on her hands after her shower to rub on her legs. She is so observant it's not funny.
She will empty the bottom 2 shelves out of the pantry and then put everything back.
The other day she got out my baking sheets from under the stove and went to the pantry and got cookies out and put them on the cookies sheets!
She loves to get pens and paper and 'make lists'!
Did I mention she loves to clean? She will get wet wipes out and clean the floor and walls! Did I also mention she is just turning 16m today? I can't imagine what more this child will do in another few months!
She also acts like she is Miss Independent.....She doesn't want to just sit quietly...she has to see what everyone is doing.

Today I took my oldest to get glasses. I left the other 2 kids at home and Lils and Gray and I ventured out. I knew things would get dodgy so I asked hubby to meet us there on his way home from work and take the baby home. The minute we got there I knew I was in trouble. I put her in the chair next to me to fill out the paper work. She starts shouting "HI HI HI HI" and doing her goofy full teeth grin. Then walks over to the reception area and walks right in and starts looking at all the files. I'm thinking....Oh man this is trouble. I pick her up and cart her back the chair...just to have her do it again. Now you're probably thinking...just make her stay. Have you ever tried to bathe a cat? Then you understand! So I told her stand still and she did for a bit...just kept shouting "HI HI HI" and "Uh Oh" b/c the phone kept ringing and no one would answer it right away. They come for my son and took him for this exam and since he's 13 I let him go alone...I then went on a 20 min walk w/Lils. When we got back the waiting area was now full of people. Grayson had just come out and we had to wait another 20 minsb/c his eyes were dilated for the last part of his exam. I stood for a bit holding her (she does well when I'm standing) But my arms got tired.
I tried finding everything and anything in my diaper bag to entertain her, but she wanted only the table w/little brochures on it. I'm not talking a few brochures, I'm talking like 10 different ones... 10 stacks full! She went crazy on them. She laughing hysterically and just going to town flipping them in the air. I knew better than to stop her. I'm sure the people in there thought what a bad mom I was. I felt like it ....my son kept hiding his eyes and whispering..."what is she on?"
My phone rings and hubby is there to the rescue! Woohoo!
When I came back to the waiting room part of me wanted to say "Her Mom came to get her!" But honestly I love her just the way she is..well ....just as long as I am home and I can keep her contained! (grins)

Comments

Sam said…
Sounds like you've got yourself one smart little cookie! A cute one too! Hehee, loved the eye doctor story, the "HI HI HI HI" had me cracking up. :)

- Sam
Unknown said…
awwww! I'll tell you, as soon as I had a child I stopped judging how other people parent...as my little "mini me" has always been a "not by the book" child. I always wondered why she never asked questions...never wanted to know what anything was, never asked why...and yet she took to things and did exactly what we did the moment she could move around on her own(crawl)...it kind of freaked me out! Now she straightens items at the store in the aisles...
carrie1 said…
Ahh... my niece got crazy on my sister the other day in Target!

My niece was writing stuff down on paper in the cart, and she went into a big ball of mess because she couldn't remember how to make a Y!
Brandi said…
How funny. My son is a lot like that too he mimics everything. He was 16 months old yesterday.
Angie said…
She sounds like so much fun! Exhaustingly fun...heehee ;)
Anonymous said…
Anyone who has kids can sympathize with you. She's absolutely adorable!
Unknown said…
What an adorable little girl and outfit! I have 3 little ones under 5 I completely understand!
Nikosmommy said…
Have-so-been-there! Kid#1 was a "terrorist" until he was 3 yrs old. Couldn't take him ANYWHERE.
Just Add Walter said…
Wow, she is so smart... Its amazing what children pick up from us... and she seems to be picking up EVERYTHING!!
Unknown said…
That sounds so familiar....

its a good thing the hubby came to your rescue!
Danielle said…
She is SUPER smart. And SO gorgeous. Your blog is so cute. I am following you now.
Anonymous said…
you poor woman! i thank god that my G (2) is pretty much a saint in public...at home is a different story!
awww!!! She seems so sweet and a smart little girl! I'm dying to have a little girl :)
Meagan said…
Aw...Lillian is my Nana's name! Love that name!

Popular Posts