Weekend Waaahoo!

Wow! I needed a few days of recovery! Ha Ha

Friday recap: (I'd post pics but I look constipated in half! Pretty huh? grins)
My BFF (her blog), her hubs, and her Mini Me came over for dinner. I made a Mexican Lasagna that rocked btw! The Strawberry Meringues came out more like cotton candy. Not the goal I was going for. My soon to be 9yr old daughter wanted me to make them just like that for her Slumber Party this coming Saturday. Now mind you I am scared and excited for that party! It's my 1st and her 1st sleepover! Anyone have any game ideas for 9yr old girls? I have the tablescape, decorations, cake, dinner, and breakfast the next morning planned....other than that I need help!!!
The theme is black/pink/white zebra print! I can't wait to blog out her party.
Ok back to Friday.....So the men made us margaritas and then shots of tequila! From what I can remember they must have been really strong. My BFF and I were having too much of a good time...I think our laughter made our sweet men shake their heads! They didn't seem to mind too much since they were busy w/the ps3!
Tay helped me make some tissue pom pom's for the slumber party! They turned out sooo cute! I thought I would hang them over the table.



Saturday recap: I woke up at 7:15am w/little Lils smacking me in the head....OH MY HEAD. I felt like I had been rolled over by a steam truck. and OH NO...THIS WAS MY DATE DAY. MY INLAWS WERE COMING AT NOON. There was no way I was going to make it. Hubby told me too bad so sad....take a shower...take 2 of these and a tall glass of water! Thankfully 2 hours later I was in tip top shape!

I put Lils down for her nap and we bolted out the door for
Pappadeaux's! Yummo! We started off w/so much food you would have thought we'd had not eaten in years! We didn't have to rush and had all the time in the world!! We shared Oysters, Greek Salad and a bowl of Crawfish Bisque JUST TO START WITH! Then we both ordered some sandwiches! I had a fried Tilapia w/a cocktail/tartar sauce mix w/purple onions....and the most delicious shoestring fries! For dessert....yes we weren't done, we had a miny trio of sweets....small creme brulee, bread pudding, and small slice of pecan pie w/vanilla bean sauce! Girls I was in heaven!
I of course had to txt to see how Lils was doing...she was still asleep! ha ha
To round off the date we headed to the gun store to check guns out for me. We are both about to apply for our CHL and I want something cute!
Our next date is to the gun range!! ;o)
We headed home and found out Lils slept 3.5 hrs and the poor inlaws didn't get to spend but about 30 mins with her! I guess that means we need to do this again and soon!
I had a fabulous afternoon w/my husband. It was nice to get away for a few hours without the 4 kids!

Sunday recap:
Cowboys lost...nuff said!


Comments

Alissa said…
Wow no wonder your pooped. Sounds like a great weekend. I love those pom poms they're super cute.
What a great weekend! Sounds like one of the hubs and my dates! LOVE the pom poms! They will look great at the party!
carrie1 said…
Please share your Strawberry/ Cotton Candy Meringue recipe! =)

And those tissue paper flowers are really cute! Can't wait to see how it all turns out.
Candice Pair said…
That is so weird...I just published my post then saw your update, and I was talking about making these pom poms...in black and red ha!
{Kimber} said…
those are so cute!!! sounds like a blast!
thanks for stopping by my blog--hope to see you around soon!
Tiffany said…
Sounds like you guys had a great (I am jealous and now I am starving) time! Seriously, post the meringue recipe so a girl can at least dream of the things she will make "someday."
JMay said…
yumm, sounds good & a fun weekend.

Now following your lovely blog :-)
Ok several things,
A. I love the pom poms.
B. Those desserts sound divine.
and C. I'm so happy that you had a great date night out! All parents deserve that!
Katie F said…
Hey hun I left you something over at my blog!
Jenny said…
The pom poms are super cute! Sleepovers. Oh, how I remember those. I'm thinking the best thing for you is to buy some earplugs! My Grandma always said don't make meringues on a rainy or gray day. Maybe it was the humidity....although they sound kind of tasty like that! Cute blog.

Popular Posts