Cookies For Brekkie!


I stumbled upon this recipe in BHG and forgot about it. Then one rainy day I made these cookies to surprise the kids for breakfast the next school morning! Oh boy did I hit on something fantastic. They ate them up and wanted more. The next day I tripled the batch so that I could freeze some. Instead I found the boys on the porch with their friends passing them out. I couldn't help and overhear the conversations...."wow these are great...give my mom the recipe so I can have these everyday"......Them are big words coming from the boys! :o) Needless to say I never got any stored in my freezer! I thought I would pass the recipe along to you....I substituted Honey Nut Cheerios for the Cheerios and no raisins...I used Chocolate Chips! Yumm-o


Ingredients

* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
* 1-1/4 cups sugar
* 1/2 tsp. baking soda
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/4 cup water
* 1 egg
* 1 Tbsp. vanilla
* 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup rolled oats
* 1 cup golden raisins and/or milk chocolate pieces
* 3 cups round toasted oat cereal (such as Cherrios)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In large mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl. Beat in water, egg, and vanilla until combined. Beat in flour until combined. Beat in as much of the rolled oats as you can with mixer. Stir in any remaining rolled oats. Stir in raisins and oat cereal.

2. Drop dough by scant 1/4 cupfuls about 3 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Store cookies in tightly covered container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Makes 24 (2-cookie) servings.
Nutrition Facts

Comments

Vanessa said…
Those look delicious!! I'm definitely going to have to try them, thank you for sharing this!
katie + bret said…
How fun! I firmly you believe this elevated you to "coolest mom on the street"

Thanks for sharing the recipe! I am totally going to have to make these! YUM
Anonymous said…
yummy!! I will have to try those! Hope your having a great weekend! XOXO
Nicole Marie said…
Thank you! My hubs will be glad that you have contributed to my growing desire to 'become' more housewifey. lol. I know my little guys will LOVE this!
I'm certainly gonna try them for my kids.They love cereal!
Cora said…
Sounds good...no wonder they ate them up! Thanks for sharing!
LeAnna said…
Blog hopped here from A Baby Maybe, and I love your profile! These cookies sound great, and I've really enjoyed reading your blog, I'll be back!
These sound very yummy. I will have to make these.

You asked me about my CVS trip over at my blog. That was all the same day. Our area is huge with coupons so the cashiers are very nice about it. I do haowever step out of line and move to the back if I have several transactions & they are busy.
Kristin said…
Oh girlie, these breakfast cookies sound delicious! I may seriously have to try them out sometimes! I'm seriously domestically challenged, but you made it seem so easy! :)
Brenda said…
thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try these. My daughter loves cookies.
Holly Lefevre said…
Those sound delicious...and I am a big fan of adding chocolate chips to just about anything. You should check out the bacon chocolate chip cookie post I did...really yummy!

Popular Posts