An angry house guest that never leaves.....

Did you happen to see that episode of Reba where Van and Cheyenne finally leave the baby w/Reba to go to dinner for the first time? They sit there at dinner talking about how they are bad parents because they don't like their baby. (Newborn sleepless syndrome talking) They comment how all they do is Poop, Eat, and Cry...Cheyenne says "It's like having an angry house guest that never leaves!"
For some reason that just totally cracks me up everything I think of it!
Parenthood is like that at times. No matter what you do right, the baby can still melt down!

Enter in baby #4 in our household! SHE IS NOTHING LIKE THE OTHER 3. Did I assume she would be? Well sort of....I mean she should eat and sleep like the others right? Wrong. The first 3 were terrific eaters and slept through the night by 4 months. You could lay them in their crib and they would put themselves to sleep! Not Lils....no way no how! She will pitch a fit .....she hates being put down...and will fight every step of the way! I think she thinks she might miss out on some of the fun!!
I am not a co-sleeping kind of mom...I mean I love love my babies, but I need my space in bed! Lils has changed that in me. The only place she can sleep is smashed next to me...face to face! One hand twirls my hair...the other in touching my face.
I am such a scheduled person...the other kids were on a schedule and thrived on it. I used to think "tsk tsk" to my friends who's kids never had a consistent nap or bedtime...! Well Lils has made me eat those thoughts. I fought w/her for months and months in the beginning for her to conform to ME! Well I just had to let it go....she naps when she's tired and goes to bed when she's tired. Thankfully most days she naps at 1-3pm and bed at 9pm....She falls asleep in our bed....I have to admit hubby and I kind of enjoy it now! I'll nurse her to sleep in our bed and sneak downstairs for some TV time w/hubby! When we head to bed ourselves we have this sweet precious angel warming our space and we hop in and cuddle w/her! I think our little angry house guest is here to stay!

Comments

Stephanie said…
LOL Is it wrong that this made me long for another baby? It all goes by so quickly!
Thanks for stopping by and following today! Following right back:)
Morningtower said…
Maybe it's the Scott genes??? My kids were all a lot like that. But yeah, before long, she'll be a pre-teen and telling you that she doesn't really want to sleep with you while dad's out of town. . . sigh. . .
A Wedding Story said…
I love the cowboy theme to your blog. It is SO cute! :)
Cora said…
I see you are a Reba watcher too...LOL...I recall that episode clearly...they always crack me up. After three children I believe I would have to give in and conform to them too!

Best of luck to ya!

Popular Posts