Knead Some Loavin!

I'm on a ROLL...get it haha..roll..uh hem! Ok sorry...I've been baking so much bread/pizza/cookies I've got dough on the brain!

Some of you were asking for what recipe I used for my dough....I'm sure some have terrific ones too and please don't hesitate to pass them along.

Mine makes 3 big pizzas


1⁄2 cup Water (90-100 ° F)
2 teaspoons Active dry yeast
1 teaspoon Sugar
4 3⁄4 cups Bread or regular flour
2 teaspoons Kosher salt
1 tablespoon Olive oil
1 1⁄4 cups Water

1. Sprinkle yeast on top of water, sprinkle sugar on yeast and stir gently. Let sit until foamy, 15-20 minutes.

2. Measure flour, salt and oil and water into a large bowl. Add the yeast mixture and stir to incorporate. Scoop the dough onto table or countertop for kneading.

3. Knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 5-8 minutes. Time will depend on the speed and force applied during the kneading process. (mine usually takes 8 mins)
(Photo courtesy of Mini Me)



4. Round the dough and place back in bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled.

5. Take dough out of bowl and divide into pieces.

6. Round, flour generously and cover. Let rest until risen 1 1⁄2 times in size.

7. Pizza Dough is ready to use.


Yes we even went out and bought a pizza peel b/c we will be making this more often!

Hubby has been dying for sourdough bread...now there are tons of starter recipes out there and I found one that requires no yeast in the starter. I need a really really sour batch b/c hubs likes his sour. I'll give this one a shot. If you have a great recipes for sourdough starters let me know too! SOOO in 3-5 days I should have my starter yippee!


PS...good news hopefully coming soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Julie said…
Thank-you...I have been looking for a good pizza dough recipe. Mine is lacking..for sure!! Can't wait to try it!
Angie said…
you are so domestic!! i need to do this~but wow so time consuming :)
Sounds wonderful... I am not much of a made from scratch baker.. I need to be though, thanks for this.
Can't wait for your good news! :)

And yum! Sour dough!
Kelly Marie said…
bahahah I cracked up at the post title!!
Bev Alimo said…
Thank you for sharing your recipe.. I enjoyed reading it.. wish it will work for me.

Italian Pizza Coupons
Holly Lefevre said…
We love making our own pizza dough. I really, really need a recipe for sourdough bread w/o yeast...and my hubby likes his very sour too...Can you share?
Is it weird that the dough looked so yummy to me in this post? :)
Nic said…
Hey Friend!! I changed my blog address due to some safety reason.
http://blessedwithafullhouse.blogspot.com

I hope you'll visit and link that one!!
We used to make pizzas all the time with my mom when we were little! I've been looking for a good pizza recipe--hopefully I'll get to try this one!

And I can't wait to hear the good news!
carissa said…
you are too awesome!!! how'd you know i needed a recipe like this!?! i bought some premade dough from the grocery store and it went bad before i used it! so now i have all the toppings but no dough... but no longer! thanks sweet gal! oooh... i love good news!
Jen said…
I have never made pizza dough ever. Should I attempt it or just keep getting the Trader Joe's brand?
This does seem like a fun thing to do for family pizza night!
Thanks so much for the recipe!
Stef said…
What a teaser....good news coming soon! I love good news. Almost as much as I love that you put the recipe for your pizza dough on your blog...Okay. So spill it!!
Tiffany said…
You are too cute! I need to know what the good news is like ASAP. Don't let this linger on woman! You're killing me!
MrsMc_B said…
I am going to try your pizza dough recipe, mine is only so-so. Let us know how the sourdough turns out, I LOVE sourdough bread. :)
Lea said…
I'm trying your recipe out today! Currently, on the last step...waiting for it to rise 1 1/2 times its size. So far, it's really easy and the actually making parts are not that time consuming. I'll let you know how it goes! THANKS!
I don't have any children, and I am not crazy about Mommy bloggers, however; for some reason you and your children have intrigued me see how far back I am, nice to meet you!

Popular Posts