Like Mother Like Daughter...



June 4th, 1948 is a day the world changed and was never the same! My Mother was born! Born to a woman who had 2 children of her own and knew that this child would be better off...deserved a better home...and Praise God for her sacrifice! B and Foster Jones adopted my mom at 3 days old and were 2 of the most incredible parents and grandparents a girl could ever want.

My mom is that woman that everyone steers to talk to ....she is that bright spot in the room that makes you feel warm. She was the mom that my brother's friends had crushes on growing up. For only being 5' tall she makes an impression! She knows no strangers...and I mean this literally. She talks to everyone ...at any place. Yes, she's the chick in the bathroom stall next to you at Target that strikes up conversations. Yes, she's the chick on the plane next to you that talks non stop. And when you leave from meeting her she made an impression. I found myself talking to a some random chick while washing my hands in the bathroom the other day mom.... She must have thought I was nuts!

Mom...I don't know how many times I have cracked up when you have called me sitting in the stands at any given event asking me if I know so and so b/c they lived in a town near me. Or how many times you have called me to tell me you while on vacation with dad you ran into a woman who knew a man who had a child that was friends with the neighbor of the cousin who lived in the house down the street to the house that you grew up in. HAHA I love you mom! I now know your joy of "It's a Small World" feeling...

Mom....I don't know how many times I would be walking in a store w/you and you would talk loud for all to hear saying my name in hopes someone knew us and you could strike up a conversation with. It drove me batty, but I find myself doing the same thing today

Mom....Thank you for always making us so super early for things....even waiting in the parked car outside the building b/c we got there before it opened. As an adult I am never late...in fact when my brother and I met for lunch (on those rare occasions) we always try and beat the other one there!

Mom...thank you for being a SAHM and giving me the security of always knowing I could count on you and knowing when I ran home you were waiting inside. I am passing that same security on to my children

Mom....when we sit in the front room in the dark and stare out the windows and giggle hysterically at nothing...and we're laughing so hard we nearly wet our pants...only to have our husbands think we are totally insane! Never change! I hope my girls and I do this one day too

I couldn't have asked for a better best friend and mother!

But

I will spank you if you ever scare me again like that....
You see almost 1 year ago my spunky, energetic, crazy, and fun loving mother had a minor stroke.
If you needed attention all you had to do was ask...but trust me that wasn't the way to go about it. You nearly scared us half to death! I loved you more than you could know and that day made me realize I loved you even more than I thought. My days are filled w/dozens of txt messages and phone calls and skype talks and in one instant I thought that my world had crashed!!

Mom's don't get older or sick...they stay the same....I'm not ready to lose all that yet!

Praise God for your recovery...(I think the angels weren't ready for your spunk just yet)


So this Mother's Day....Know you are loved by many, but most of all you are loved by your only daughter! You mean the world to me and I am glad I am the woman I am today because of you.



Head over to Jen's Blog at Denton Sanatorium for more stories of Mother's who made impressions in our lives!

Image and video hosting by <span class=

Comments

Genesis said…
this is really sweet :)
jen said…
Isn't it interesting that our mom's idiosyncrasies are what endear us to them?
Thanks for a great post, and Happy Mother's Day to you!
Susan Anderson said…
I loved reading about your mom. What a great lady, and it sounds like you are following in her footsteps!

=)
melifaif said…
That is one of the sweetest things I've ever read. And I feel like I could copy and paste (except for the adoption part, heart melted) this entire article for my mom to read - written for her. But, I won't! No worries...you are a wonderful mother and a gorgeous lady. And you sure do come by it honestly. Lovely family. Cheers good momma!
Kelly Marie said…
This is beautiful (:
Amber said…
What a sweet and beautiful post for your mother. You two are truly blessed to have such an amazing relationship.
Sweet post! When it comes to Mothers and Daughters, the apple RARELY falls far from the tree. This is a very special post and I'm so glad that she's singing here on earth instead of with the angels.
Snarky Belle said…
A beautiful tribute! Happy Mother's Day to you, and to your mother.
Unknown said…
Oh my goodness, that was so sweet and made me tear up! Thank you for sharing this. I wish more moms were like yours!
Jamie said…
I love these funny glimpses into your relationship with your mom. I have already lost my mom, and am so glad you got another chance to treasure your time together! May you both have a wonderful mother's day!
so, so, so sweet!!!!! I almost lost my mother too... our Mom's are something special to say the least!
so, so, so sweet!!!!! I almost lost my mother too... our Mom's are something special to say the least!
p.s. This brought on the tears. Happy Mommy Day!
That is so sweet... such a wonderful tribute. It brought tears to my eyes.
Theta Mom said…
What a sweet post about your mom! And thanks so much for YOUR awesome comment on my guest post today - you are AWESOME and I'm following!
karen said…
Your mother has a rare talent, and I think you may have picked it up! It's making everyone in the room feel good. My grandmother has the same talent, and I try - 0h I try - but I haven't mastered it yet. Loved your post!
Vanessa said…
How beautiful! How blessed you are to have such an incredible relationship with your mom!!! <3
Sam said…
Aww, this is such a sweet post! Had me giggling quite a few times, hehe. Your mom sounds like quite the entertaining gal! Hope you both have a great Mother's Day! :)
Melodramommy said…
Hi Laura! What a beautiful tribute to your mom! Love that picture, how funny. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'll be following.
This is so sweet! Happy Mother's Day to you & your big family!
Angie said…
Wow....such a sweet post! I love it, your mom seems like a fun lady :)
Tiffany said…
This is so sweet. You both are so beautiul!

Popular Posts