Men's Intuition and Menus

I don't know how they do it, but it's like they have "Chaos Alert" buzzers going off and this is when they choose to head home.

Yesterday I had 2 crock pots going...the oven going....the stove top going...
add to that the inlaws are coming over around 5ish (dinner and dessert) and I spend the day dusting/sweeping/mopping/vacuuming..basically cleaning.
Well I had dinner to prep...dessert (chocolate chip fudge cheesecake) to bake and chill...on top of that the teacher's Caramel Apples and gift bags for their Thursday treat still had to be done.

Lily must have known I had too much going on b/c she decided to not want to nap. Ugh
It seemed ok at first...at 12:45 she was ready for nap...we went upstairs...she nursed ...but kept doing acrobats! Literally she was flipping and rolling all the while on the boob. I didn't say anything to her b/c I pretend to be asleep myself in hopes she'll wear herself out. This is a new thing the rolling and twisting...but she always passes out. Next thing I know she's lifting my eyelids saying "Hi Momma"
haha ...so we head downstairs to finish gifts/food stuff. Meanwhile none of my floors or dusting has been done...my counters look like a candy store....

2:45 Lily crawls into my lap and passes out! GREAT...but now I'm stuck b/c if I move she wakes (yes she's one of those) ...the kids walk in the door from school at 3 and lo and behold who walks in behind them? The Hubs! I wanted to die. Here the house is a mess...I'm sitting down on the job...(well got a sleeping babe in my arms) watching tv!!! haha I love when he comes home early, but not today! I mean of all days to come home and see the house! ugh...monday/tues...no problem...even today he could walk in and all would be well, but!
He just kissed my forehead and smiled down at sleeping Lils!!!

On to Menu Thursday!!!
Diner Meat Loaf Muffins and Grandma Lucy's Corn Fritters (not my gma, but Gooseberry Patch's...wink)

What is great about these meat loaf muffins is that it uses your 12 cup muffin tin and 2 muffins equal 6pts for your Weight Watcher girls. Awesome!!!

My kids and hubby eat these up and best part I make them in advance and pop them in the fridge until cooking time!



1 tsp olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
1 tsp dried oregano
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup ketchup, divided
1 1/2 lbs ground lean beef
1 cup finely crushed fat free saltine crackers (about 20)
2 Tbs mustard
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp pepper
2 lg eggs


Preheat to 350...spray 12 cup muffin pan and set aside

Heat oil in lg nonstick skillet over medhigh heat. Add chopped onion, chopped carrot, dried oregano, and minced garlic; saute 2 mins...cool

Combine onion mixture, 1/2 cup ketchup, and the remaining ingredients.

Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups. (I then cover w/foil and pop in fridge)
Then top each w/2 tsp of ketchup and bake 350' for 25-30 mins!



Grandma Lucy's Corn Fritters

4 ears sweet corn, cooked (or 3 cups frozen)
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c milk
1/2 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbs of bacon drippings or veg oil

Cute kernels from corn and place in med mixing bowl; stir in eggs and milk. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in small bowl; stir into corn mixture, and mix gently.

Heat bacon grease or oil in skillet over med-high heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls and cook until delicately browned, turning to brown the other side. Serve with butter and maple syrup, if desired. Makes 1 dozen

Tomorrow's Teacher Treats are Millionaires w/a note saying thanks a million!

I feel like a candy store! You should smell our house each day! YUMMMY
Image and video hosting by <span class=

Comments

I gain weight every time I read your blog!!

Get Lils off the boob...and get Hubs to put her down! When I'm there we have to go out!! :)
Annie said…
you are one busy momma!! and it sounds like your hubby is a very understanding sweet man :)

we love mini meatloaf muffins! yum!
i have never in my life had a corn fritter but they look amazing and i LOVE corn!! i have to try these, just printed the recipe!!

hope you have a great day hun!
Murphy's Law strikes again!! ;) Every mama needs to "sit down on the job" sometimes...especially when it's to hold a precious baby!

Those corn fritters have me drooling! My poor family hasn't eaten well at all since I've started boot camp...I may send them to you soon for dinner!
LeAnna said…
Haha, I hate getting caught sitting down on the job, too. ;) I'm definitely going to have to try the meatloaf muffins, awesome!
I Do Declare said…
Those recipes look YUM - thanks for sharing the WW Points amounts, too!!!
jen said…
Adding this to my menu next week.
Thanks.
Oh my goodness... those corn friters look awesome!!
Vanessa said…
I have eaten VERY LITTLE today because we are going out tonight and I want to splurge, and your post just about KILLED ME with those pictures!! YUMMY!!! I think I need some cooking lessons!
Yum O! Your recipes always sound so delicious! Those corn fritters need to be in my belly!
Unknown said…
Oh my goodness it seems like anytime we need to get something done around teh house naps never happen and other things happen so what I need to do doesn't get done
carissa said…
i'm amazed at how you can do all that with so many kids!!! i have a hard time putting dinner on the table and i only have one!!! you rock... even with your little gal's nap delay you managed to make an amazingly scrumptious dinner! thank you for the yummy recipes!
Just wanted to say Hi and thank you for stopping by my blog!! I am a TX girl from Dallas too!! I am acutally on my way to Dallas tomorrow to visit family for the weekend!! I can't wait to hit NorthPark Mall!! Anyway, love your blog!! Happy Mother's Day!! Laurie
Whimsy Cookie Co.
Diana Ferguson said…
Great post!!! You have completely entertained me for a few minutes....

Popular Posts