Beef...It's What's For Dinner.....





Last night we had steak w/a feta topping (recipe LHJ)....(totally optional for those that hate it) and creamy mac n cheese and my yummy crunchy slaw.
A few wanted to know the rub I used etc...
Drool napkins ready!

Combine 1 tbs kosher salt, 1 tbs ground cumin, and 1 tsp of black pepper. Rub steaks on both sides w/mixture. Let sit covered room temp 30 mins.

I like to get the grill started for hubs so when he gets home all he does is throw on the steaks! I bought 2 of those grill chimneys from either Walmart or Lowe's. Put some newspaper in the bottom...load up your charcoal in the other end ...light the newspaper and it will start your charcoal for you. So much easier to start the coals esp if you live in a really windy spot. When coals are gray in color then dump the coals into the grill...put your racks back on and let them heat up...viola! Instant grill and you started it like a pro!!!

For the feta topping...
combine 1 cup crumbled feta, 2 finely sliced scallions and 1 tbs chopped oregano


For an after school treat I made the kids

No-Knead Chocolate & Coconut Rolls
(recipe BHG)

They were out of this world!!! Easy to make and the smiles were soooo worth the 3 rising times!!


Ingredients

* 4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 pkg. active dry yeast
* 1 cup milk
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 1/4 cup butter
* 2 eggs
* 1 13-oz. jar chocolate-hazelnut spread
* 1 cup shredded coconut
* 1 recipe Icing

Directions

1. In large mixing bowl combine 2 cups of the flour and the yeast. In small saucepan heat and stir milk, sugar, butter, and 1/2 teaspoon salt salt just until warm (120 degrees F to 130 degrees F) and butter almost melts. Add milk mixture and eggs to flour mixture. Beat with electric mixer on low to medium for 30 seconds, scraping bowl as needed. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in remaining flour. Cover; let rise in warm place until double in size (45 to 60 minutes).

2. Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes. Lightly grease a large baking sheet; set aside. Roll dough into a 12x9-inch rectangle. Spread 2/3 cup hazelnut spread over dough, leaving a 1-inch edge along one of the long sides.
Sprinkle coconut over hazelnut spread.
Roll up rectangle, starting from the long side with filling spread to edge. Pinch dough to seal seams. Slice into nine pieces. Arrange 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Cover; let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 45 minutes).

3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Cool about 5 minutes; transfer to wire rack. Drizzle with Icing. Makes 9 servings.

4. Icing: In small bowl stir together remaining hazelnut spread and enough milk (2 to 3 tablespoons) until drizzling consistency.

(couldn't help myself...I took a bite)


For those wondering why there isn't any meals sometimes on Tuesday....I make everyone starve. HA HA no...the 3 big kids usually have dinner w/their father on Tuesday nights. Problem is he cancels a lot and if I plan a meal he takes them. If I don't he cancels. So I just don't plan until last minute. The kids like the surprise!!!

Wait until Thursday's Jalapeno Chicken recipe! The pictures alone are making me wish it was Thursday!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Sam said…
Both look delicious! I wish I enjoyed cooking more. I tend to gravitate more towards the "eating" end of things.. Hehee.
Tiffany said…
You are bad for my diet. But, I love you anyway.
Liz Mays said…
You are eating right! That looks so great!!!
Shannon said…
Gotta love anything with feta! Yum-O, girl!
Unknown said…
Can we say Yum!
Seriously when should I be over for dinner? Your menus always look amazing!
SimplySandi said…
Yummy! Can't wait to see the Jalapeno Chicken!!!
Angie said…
if we ever get in a kitchen together there will be quite a fest! that jalapeno chicken sounds right up my alley! can't wait to see it :)
Angie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said…
i got so excited i posted it twice!!
carissa said…
holy moley... you are the world's best cook. i want to come eat at your house!!! the rub sounds so easy and delish. i'm certainly going to try! and the chocolate and coconut rolls... my oh my... heavenly!!! you inspire me to want to cook! : )
Sarah Ann said…
That chocolate and coconut looks just so great. I'm so craving it now :) I love your blog! I'm definitely following!

Popular Posts