Wanna Be A Super Mom?

I've got a great cookie recipe...Ok it's not mine (most never are)

I made a batch one day and the kids ate them in 4 secs flat ....so I doubled the batch later that day to have some to freeze. They never made it to the freezer b/c the kids were handing them out to their friends on the front porch

Conversation overheard...

My kids "You have to have one of these cookies my mom just made. They are so good"

Neighbors "WOW these rock...You'll have to tell your mom to give the recipe to my mom b/c I want these everyday"

(a few days go by and I get a call from said child's mom telling me her child talks nonstop about all the food I bake and she needs recipe asap for those cookies) haha

If you bake like I do and have small kids you should have all ingredients on hand! I suggest triple the recipe and have some in the freezer for playdates!



Double Oat Breakfast Cookies
(Better Homes and Garden Magazine)

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
* 1-1/4 cups sugar
* 1/2 tsp. baking soda
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/4 cup water
* 1 egg
* 1 Tbsp. vanilla
* 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup rolled oats
* 1 cup golden raisins and/or milk chocolate pieces (I've only tried choc chips so far)
* 3 cups round toasted oat cereal (such as Cherrios)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In large mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl. Beat in water, egg, and vanilla until combined. Beat in flour until combined. Beat in as much of the rolled oats as you can with mixer. Stir in any remaining rolled oats. Stir in raisins and oat cereal.

2. Drop dough by scant 1/4 cupfuls about 3 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Store cookies in tightly covered container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Makes 24 (2-cookie) servings.

Now on to breakfast for Saturday morning. I have made this probably 4 times and I if I don't serve myself first I don't get any...and I double the recipe...it's that good. Make this tonight and boom you've got breakfast ready to pop in the oven in the morning!


Cheddar-Bacon Wake-Up Casserole
(Country Home Magazine)


4 oz. dry french bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (4 cups)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled, or 1 cup diced cooked ham
2 cups milk
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp. snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
1/2 tsp. mustard
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/8 tsp. onion powder

In a large bowl toss together the bread cubes, cheddar cheese, and cooked bacon or ham. Divide among six 10-ounce individual casseroles or place all of the mixture in one 2-quart rectangular baking dish. In a medium bowl whisk together milk, eggs, parsley, mustard, pepper, and onion powder. Pour over the bread mixture in the casseroles or dish. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours. Bake, uncovered, in a 350° oven for 25 to 30 minutes for individual baking casseroles (about 40 minutes for 2-quart dish) or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings.

Sadly one of the grades from the Elementary School are on a walking nature field trip...I saw several groups walking and looking at flowers when I came home from the store. Sadly we had a downpour happen about 5 mins after I got home. I sure hope those teachers planned on that....if not...ROFL! I'm sure the kids enjoyed it...teachers? Not So much!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Yummmmmy!!! I gain so much "virtual weight" by reading your blog!
ok.. i am definitely trying out those cookes!!! YUM!!
Neely said…
Your recipe's always look sooooo good!
Yumo! I love Cheerios and Peanut Butter so that's right up my alley! Your kids are so cute passing them out that is Super Mommy status! I love all your recipes keep them coming!
Those cookies could not sound any better right now. YUM. Thanks for the recipe. I most definitely will try them :)
jen said…
Thanks for the recipes. You haven't let me down yet!
I made your meatloaf and corn fritters on Wednesday, and my little boys loved having cupcakes for dinner. But my 5-yr-old couldn't get enough of those corn fritters! I've never had them, and they were great! Thanks for the ideas.
From a lazy, unimaginative chef.
Christi Crow said…
Oh Wow! Those do look yummy! Too bad I don't live in your neighborhood!!
Your recipes look so good! I tried the 3-ingredient breakfast casserole last weekend--my little guy LOVED it! Can't wait to try these cookies!
Danielle said…
Oh my gosh, those cookies look yummy. Even better that you are super mom now with all your baking skills... ;)
Angie said…
I saw that recipe and wanted to make those, but haven't yet! Good to know they are super yummy!
Oh my goodness this casserole sounds yummy!!
A style blog said…
Very yummy! I subscribe to BHG and I've made these before. They're one of my fav's!
carissa said…
you are too kind to keep passing along so many fantastic recipes! i want to come eat at your house!
Holly Lefevre said…
I am so making the cookies tomorrow. The cheddar bacon wake-up sounds yummylicious! I love when I make something and my kids think I am awesome!
Theta Mom said…
That casserole looks amazing!
Kelly and Sara said…
Thanks for the recipes! Still trying to get into the whole being domestic thing :) Cute blog!

http://peace-love-tbell.blogspot.com/
Brenda said…
Love breakfast cookies. I just posted a recipe myself. check it out. They are fruit and nut cookies.
MaMaWilson said…
I'm going to try the casserole tomorrow morning!

AND make the cookies for the upcomming week....i thought i'd try lucky charms or cinnamon toast crunch becuase thats all we have! hope it goes well!
Stef said…
My kids will want to kiss you. Can't wait to try these new cookies...ummm...do you think they will make me look fat?
KMServino said…
I'm a new follower and a new fan! Hello yummy cookie recipe! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I love the colors of your layout, very bright and cheery!
Kelly Marie said…
As always they look delicious :) Hope you had a great weekend!!
Shannon said…
Oh my gosh, I am so making these recipes next week (already went to the store for this week). That casserole is going to make hubby's morning! Thanks girl and I'm going to post that chocolate/pb cake recipe this week (hopefully).
I want to go to the store and get stuff to make that casserole NOW!

Popular Posts