Jalapeno Roast Chicken

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes...Child #2 never puked at the house yesterday...never ran a fever and was he typical old self. No idea what happened or why....but woohoo he's back to my little Hedgie again!

On to some cooking ladies!!
Tonight...

Jalapeno Roast Chicken


Ingredients

Directions

Preheat oven to 400.

Combine oregano, shallot, garlic, butter, olive oil, the jalapeno and pepper in a food processor and mix until until it's a paste.

Pat the chicken dry and place breast-side up on a rack in a large roasting pan.

Carefully loosen the skin from the chicken breast, legs and thighs without detaching it (I had to use a small knife at some points, but do so carefully so you don't accidentally pierce the skin. Spread about 1/2 of the jalapeno paste under the skin.

Tie the legs together and spread the rest of the paste on the outside of the chicken.

Pour the chicken broth and wine into the roasting pan.

Roast the chicken for 1 hours 30 minutes (or until fully cooked), while basting with pan juices every 15-20 minutes. If the juices start to run out, add more chicken broth and wine to the pan.

In Laws came for their weekly Wednesday dinner and we had Frito Pie. I pack the kids lunches everyday and had a million Frito bags so what better way to use them up? Frito Pie

I posted the recipe months back click HERE for the Chili recipe. I've probably made chili all my life is this is by far our favorite. Add some tomato paste to thicken it up. (my opinion)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Sarah Ann said…
I think I'm seriously going to try that next week! It doesn't look too difficult and it looks so yummy :)
Thanks for sharing!
Oh my... that looks so yummy!! Glad things are getting back to normal at your house!!
Well I don' have a recipe for tonight so this might just have to make it's way to my table too!
Christi Crow said…
I always get so hungry reading your blog!! Great to hear that everyone is feeling better!
Angie said…
Ooooo! Frito pie sounds delish, but not as good at the jalapeno chicken!

I am making this for sure. I'm a bit intimidated about cooking a whole chicken though. I don't know if I can do it!
Amanda C. said…
hey there!
im a new follower and I have to say that I love your blog!
and this recipe looks amazing!!
Amanda C. said…
"ok dying to see the full pic of the hair on ur crown! :o) can't imagine it???!!! "
i wish I had a picture!! I used to have a bunch, but I think they got deleted off of my old computer. :(

Popular Posts