Menu Monday...

I didn't get real creative w/the menu for this week. My MIL is retiring from teaching and her school is having a retirement party on wed. She taught 8th grade History and let me tell you she has been a huge help! Especially since I have an 8th grader myself!!! I am thrilled w/the retirement. I'm hoping this means we'll get them more than just every wed for dinner. Maybe a little hang time w/GiGi during the day while everyone is at work or school! WOOHOO

I made homemade pizza on Friday. Yes, my first time to make dough ever. I realized I have all the ingredients on hand so why not! The kids were freaking out over the dough and hubby actually asked for seconds. He wanted me to make a thin crust for tonight for him. I found a recipe and it's chilling in the fridge! I didn't realize how much I enjoy making dough!

I have decided to start making cookie bouquets for gifts. For the past 3 weeks I have been baking up a storm coming up w/the best sugar cookie recipe and frosting. I think I've found the frosting. It makes a terrific glaze and holds it shape in frosting form for packing. The sugar cookie though...well...I've found 2 recipes that are good...just trying to find the 'perfect' one for packing and tasting too! I'll post pictures of my cookies as I go along! I'm thinking up of names for my cookies business adventure! So far I have "Southern Magnolia Sweets" . No one likes that name but me, but trying to find a southern name to suit me!

Hope everyone had a terrific weekend


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Erin said…
What a fun adventure with the cookies! I like Southern Magnolia Sweets but another one I would like is Cookie Belle or Southern Cookie Bell or Texas Cookie Belle.
Anonymous said…
I like Erin's Southern Cookie Belle!
Those cookies sound wonderful!! Your MIL sounds like a wonderful person. Good teachers are such a gift.
jen said…
Nothing slows you down, does it?
I used to make pizza a lot, until I had seven kids.
A week ago I made it, and my five-year-old that it was heaven. Maybe I need to get going on that again (he's the one that thought your corn fritters were the best ever!).
Anonymous said…
Love how you plan your recipes. I do too! Everyone I know thinks I am super crazy organized, but oh well! I am glad I found your blog. I was intrigued by the cowboy boots in your blog name! My husband and I recently got a pair and love them!! lol Have a great week!
Genesis said…
wow, a cookie bouquet...sounds fun. cant wait to see what you come up with.

ive always loved making pizza dough. i havent found the right dough but ill keep experimenting.
Kelly Marie said…
I wish I could cook like you!!! You always have such yummy things on your menu!
I think a cookie bouquet is a FABULOUS gift!
Liz Mays said…
I like the name actually, but if you're just doing cookies, you might want that in the title. This is exciting though!
Kristy Villa said…
I kind of like just Southern Sweets. Or Laura's Sweet Shoppe. Simple and nice (: That's great you are starting your own business. I love baking and i've been trying to make alot more by scratch these days. I just wish I could figure out how to make my own brownie or cookie recipe. I've no idea where to even start! But good luck with everything- can't wait to see what name you decide on!
Lori said…
I think Southern Magnolia Sweets is a cute name :)

Also, it is awesome that you have a "menu" for your week. Ugh I am so undomesticated. I don't even know how to cook!
Vanessa said…
Congrats to your MIL -- mine retired from teaching this year also! 30-something years, and most recently 5th grade science -- which *I* am thankful for b/c science was my worst subject!!

Someone said Southern Sweets -- that's cute too!
Stef said…
I love homemade pizza dough. I have this recipe that you just put into the bread maker on the dough setting and all I have to do is measure ingredients and push a button. It tastes so much better. Would love to have your recipe. You are so much fun. I totally love that you put what you are cooking every week. It always piques my curiosity.
Tiffany said…
I love making homemade pizzas! LOVE it. I really should hold off on reading your blog until after lunch. I always leave feeling SO hungry. LOL
The Herd said…
Can't wait to see cookie pics!! Your title...works for texting...SMS!!!

Popular Posts