Conversation w/Hub and Wife Part 55 (oh and Wed Dessert)

So I'm pretty sure my husband has known how crazy I am and married me anyways.

I have a vivid imagination you could say

Take for instance ...when hubs and I were dating we would head to the dancehall for 2 stepping. We would take breaks and have a cold one while watching other couples twirl the floor. Ever so often we would see this little old man dancing the floor alone. I said that he was probably married for 50 yrs and they always came dancing together. On her death bed she made him promise he would still go and dance.

or the time...
We were sitting in the car at a busy intersection and we saw this crazy dude riding his bike through it. He was carrying a huge plastic jug of yellow liquid. I said he was probably transporting and selling clean urine for drug addicts during their drug testing.

These are just some examples you see....I mean it could be all those scenarios right? Hubs loves my stories..(I hope)

Last night I'm bathing youngest angel and we're splashing in the bubbles...I swear to you I heard in a whisper

"Laura help me"

Well I ignored it....and then it bothered me...
What if hubs was dying on the couch and had a last thought for me to save him and it was his voice I heard

So I grabbed Lil from the tub ...wrapped her in a towel and sprinted down the hall to the living room screaming....

Me "HONEY HONEY I'M COMING ....YOU OK?"

Hub (sitting on couch reading a gun catalog/magazine...looks up w/this confused look)

Me "OMG YOU OK?"

Hub "I'm reading a magazine...what are you doing?"

Me " I swear I heard you whisper 'Laura help me" I thought you were dying and those were your last thoughts"

Hub (more blank stare)

Me "So you didn't need me?"

Hub (still staring)

Me "Well say something...did you at least think of me...maybe I felt it"

|Hub "The only thing I was thinking about are how cool these gun cases were"

Me "well geez honey..I thought you were hurt or dying"

Hub "That's my crazy girl" (pats my head)

Well my imagination might have been running wild, but I swear I heard something!


Dinner for tonight w/the In Laws

Quesadillas (beef or chicken or both...you choose)
Queso
and a new slow cooker bean dip I'm trying (Gooseberry Patch)

We ♥ Quesadilla night. I get out our huge electric skillet and get my stations ready...
Generously butter a tortilla on one side....lay on hot grill....add whatever you want to stuff it w/on one half side and quickly fold over and press. Wait for it to get brown and then flip to brown other side. Cut into 3 wedges. I love these b/c they are quick easy and oohhhh so yummy. It's the butter that makes it sooo good!

Slow Cooker Bean Dip
(I'm halving this for tonight)

4 (16oz) cans refried beans
1 bunch green onion
2 (8oz) pkgs Colby Jack Cheese cubes
1 cup sour cream
1 1/4oz pkg taco seasoning
8 oz pkg cream cheese

Place all in slow cooker stir to mix. Cover and cook on low for 2 1/2 hours. Stir often
Makes 11 cups

ok Ladies on for Dessert (Family Circle pg 234 may 10 issue)

Tiramisu Bundt Cake


1 Box white cake mix
1 pint coffee ice cream, such as Haagen-Dazs, melted
3 eggs
1 container (12oz) whipped vanilla frosting
1 tsp instant coffee dissolved in 1 Tbs water
Cinnamon sugar for dusting




WOOHOO!

Comments

Oh your dinner sounds so yummy!! Who knows... maybe your husband will need you another time & it was just a test to see if you will help. LOL
B F said…
I'm in love with this story!!! I see a little bit (errr a lot bit) of me in it!!! hahaha and your hubbs responded the same way mine would have!! haha I love this!
Liz Mays said…
"That's my crazy girl." I love that. I tend to run away with scenarios..but you top me by far!
A style blog said…
lol. I swear I hear too much too. Your recipe looks so yummy. I think I'll try it.
LeAnna said…
Melted ice cream??? That is ingenious! Your conversations sound much like some I've had. I would have thought the exact same thing about the man on the bicycle too, LOL!
dinner sounds yummy, love your stories too!
Genesis said…
lmao, you're too funny.
Tiffany said…
SO funny! You are too cute! Dinner looked fabulous!
carissa said…
i'm a sucker for black beans!!! i must try this dip. i love how you were so thoughtful to check on your hubs and then got a blank stare in return - bahaha!
Slamdunk said…
Ha, active imaginations keep life entertaining. Glad there was nothing wrong with your Mr.
I Do Declare said…
You are hysterical!!! I always try to sum up the lives of strangers, too!
jen said…
I'm still laughing from the urine samples.
And meatloaf's on the menu tonight. We'll see how they like it!
Kelly Marie said…
HAhah I love your imagination!! I would totally think the same thing about the urine samples too (c'mon it makes sense!)
Vanessa said…
First, YOU THINK LIKE I DO!!! Ohmyword, I would've thought the same things about the old man and the big ol' bag!!!! Secondly, if your husband is anything like mine, he would've been whispering to get you to react on purpose, then saying he didn't do it. Yup. For kicks.
katie + bret said…
Oh my gosh that cake sounds SUPER yummy! Thanks for sharing :)
Gale said…
You should write stories...I love your thought about the old man, and the tub o' yellow stuff one was pretty funny!
1st - What time should I be over for dinner because that sounds so yummy! 2nd - I totally do the same thing with Dustin lol so I get EVERYTHING your saying and thinking YA what if that was true!?
Stef said…
I love those kind of thoughts...not! Mine usually happen at like 12am or 3am. I wake up and think I hear my son thrashing in the bed. "He's probably just rolling over," I tell myself. But then my inner voice reminds me of that story of the little boy who got caught in the string to the blinds and no-one came in to check on him and he was choked to death. So I go running in to find him sleeping peacefully in his bed. Big sigh.
You're not crazy...just in tune to the others.
Jocelyn said…
Thanks for sharing your story with us...too funny about the blank stare! And that cake...amazing! must go bake now!!!
Tracie said…
Don't worry - most bloggers are a little crazy. It helps with the story-telling.

I'm copying and pasting those recipes. We love quesadillas, too!
MaMaWilson said…
thats so funny! maybe your the new ghost whisperer...i love that show. you could be the next jennifer love hewitt!

Popular Posts