What's Happening Hot Stuff



Can you say hot? Can you also say stinks to be me.....?
Woke up with little dude this am around 4:15. It felt usually warm in his room, but then again I was half asleep....After he nursed I walked into the hallway and checked the thermostat...set to 76' reading 78'. Ohhhh not good. So I made sure all kids fans were running and had all the bedroom doors opened and fell back asleep. By 7am I woke hubs to tell him the great news.
Thankfully since hubs is an ME in the design of a/c and plumbing of commercial buildings...he knows a bit about the issue. Sadly the friend to help him change the part doesn't have the day off until Saturday. Never fear....it's our upstairs unit .....so looks like we will all be camping out downstairs for the next however many days. (Reid...please enjoy the pack-n-play)

On a much happier and brighter note.....let's talk baking.
Thanks to our bank reward pts I am the proud new owner of this pretty girl......(insert angels singing)

KitchenAid Professional 600, 6-Quart Bowl Lift Stand Mixer


6Qt. can you imagine all the baking I can do now? I can set my 4.5 and 6 Qts side by side and knock out some serious baking. Now if only I can get a triple oven...I'll be in heaven.
In honor of my new mixer...I splurged on some Vanilla Beans at the store.
I wish I knew of a cheaper way of buying these....I feel a bit weird purchasing them through Ebay or Amazon not knowing how they have been handled.....(anyone buy these in bulk?)

Looks like I'll be turning out some Vanilla Bean Sugar cookies....I've yet to try the recipe out, but I'm excited.
  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 heaping teaspoon vanilla bean paste

Recipe adapted from multiple blogs....one of which is by far my ultimate cookie go to...
Bridget over at Bake at 350. Must check her out for all your questions and recipes. I also use Karen's Cookies for my cutters and icings too.

Happy Hot Thursday Y'all....wish us luck for getting the A/C fixed soon.

Comments

Neely said…
One reason I look forward to getting married is getting a stand mixer :) :)
I love KitchenAid mixers! I have a handheld pink one now, but I hope to one day get a stand mixer in red! Happy baking!
LeAnna said…
This made me laugh because I keep our a/c on 78 all summer. LOL! But, it stinks when the house is warmer than you think it is!

I buy vanilla beans in bulk through a food coop. Really cheap. However, I know TONS of bakers who buy them on ebay and love the quality.

Envious of your mixer! When mine bites the dust I think I'll get a big'n. Was going to go to a bosch, but I have too much invested in KA attachments to do that.
Beth McC. said…
SOOOOO HOT and I am tired of it!!! Nashville s having the same temps!
Amber said…
I'm SO jealous of your mixer. I want one! Those cookies will be delish too!

Popular Posts