Sweets for My Body and Belly

You know what Wednesdays are in my house right? ....INLAWS for dinner.
Menu Last night...Fajitas...homemade guacamole....fresh salsa.....queso.....and then the fantastic sweet endings. But first...Sweets for Body

1st treat: MINE

I ♥ my MIL ....she brought me a surprise last night. Usually she brings the kids stuff, but today was all me. I never ever splurge on $$$ makeup at the mall...she gets the good stuff though and loves her Dior and Chanel counters. I'm now the happy owner of.....

(not my hand or pic...I got it off google image, but she has nice nails *grins*)


What it is: DIOR Lip Maximizer

A deeply hydrating lip plumper.

What it is formulated to do:

Get luscious, full lips without injections or surgery. Pump up your volume naturally with this revolutionary vanilla mint flavored formula with instant plumping action. Rich in collagen, it also stimulates better collagen production in your lips, too. Helps maximize and reshape contours in only 15 days.

I love love love the minty feel of this ..(reminds me of the Burt's Beeswax stuff)....no idea if this stuff works...(my lips are pretty full as it is) but I'm a gloss freak and love the way this gloss makes my lips feel.

She also bought me 2 bottles of my favorite body wash. Have you tried the brand Fresh? If not you must try. I was hooked last summer when she brought me some. Then for Christmas she loaded me up with more (sorry my MIL is taken) She always remembers what I like and leaves me trinkets when she visits. Here is my favorite scent. (see below) She bought me the wash, lotion, and perfume for my stocking....

Treats for my Belly....(and the family too)

The real treat tonight were the 2 desserts I made. (and yes...for those wondering I did sample the goods)

Coffee Almond Ice Cream

The ice cream was simple...soften coffee ice cream....then melt some chocolate and add some almonds. After they have cooled ...chop them in pieces and stir into ice cream. Re-freeze. Ohh man it was out of this world.

ALMOND PANNA COTTA W/STRAWBERRIES







  • 1 package(s) unflavored gelatin
  • Water
  • 1/2 teaspoon(s) vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cup(s) whole milk
  • 1 cup(s) heavy or whipping cream
  • 1/3 cup(s) sugar
  • 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon(s) almond extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
  • Salt
  • 2 cup(s) (1/2 pound) strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
  • 2 tablespoon(s) almond-flavor liqueur such as Amaretto (optional)
  • 3 tablespoon(s) sliced toasted almonds

Directions

  1. In small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 3 tablespoons cold water; set aside. Lightly grease eight 4-ounce custard cups or ramekins with oil.
  2. In 2-quart saucepan, heat milk, cream, 1/3 cup sugar, almond extract, vanilla extract, and 1/8 teaspoon salt on high until just bubbling around edges of pan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and stir in gelatin mixture until dissolved.
  3. Divide cream mixture among prepared cups. Refrigerate 4 hours or up to 24.
  4. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together strawberries; liqueur, if using; and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
  5. Run thin-bladed knife around sides of cups; invert each cup onto small serving plate. Top with strawberries; garnish with almonds.
** For those wondering what Panna Cotta is...
Panna cotta
(from Italian cooked cream) is an Italian dessert made by simmering together cream, milk and sugar, mixing this with gelatin, and letting it cool until set.

I wish we had the amaretto in the house.....I think for the adults that would have been a nice touch to the dessert...Next time...
Both these desserts were a breeze to make and both were winners by everyone.

Comments

I'm love all things Fresh! Don't they have the best scents?
jen said…
Where do you find time to cook like this? I'm so envious.
Neely said…
LOVE fresh products!
Anonymous said…
Yay for treats! For the body and for the belly! :)
Joanne said…
mmmm, love panna cotta. I might have to try making this!
LeAnna said…
I need to smell that body wash, because it looks like it smells fabulous. Can we trade MIL's? Not husbands, because I happen to really like mine, but MIL's, well....

What? No? Stingy...
Amber said…
What a sweet MIL you have! That coffee almond ice cream sounds amazing!
carissa said…
you are my hero yet again... you always manage to make such delicious things and still be the mom to FIVE children. the dessert looks/sounds professional. i'm glad your mil brought you some things for pampering. you deserve it!
pramod said…
How to assess how to lips plumpers and how to buy how to lips plumpers online.How to get the best, most dramatic natural lip enlargement can be achieved check <a

href="http://www.bestlippump.com (target: lip pump)
Arun Singh said…
Do you want to know how to get 30-50% how to lips? check thatnicestlips

Popular Posts