Pigs Must Be Flying

I looked outside last night and saw pigs flying. How's that? Well, oldest child came to me I was changing little Dude's crib sheets and asked.......

Son: "Do you like my hair like this?"

(now if you remember I hate his long hair...I think he looks like a girl...but I quit voicing my opinions b/c well it's a fad right?!)

Me: "you know I don't...but it's your hair"

Son: "hmmmm"

(of course I can't keep my opinion for long huh?)

Me: "Did you notice how at camp you were just one of the few that had long hair....that 90% of the teen boys in 10-12th grade had short hair"

Son: (grins) "Yes, how did you know?"

Me: "because I looked at the camp pictures daily online...and that's the first thing I noticed"

Son: "hmmmmm"

Me: "wanna get it cut? (hold down excitement...no screaming for joy) if we cut it now it can grow back out before school if you don't like it"

Son: " sure...but settle down mom"

(DOES HAPPY DANCE DOES HAPPY DANCE)

I'm off to find handsome photos of short hair...he's gonna hate it, but he needs a chance to get used to it....I tried to throw guilt in telling him that only the boys his younger brothers age wears that long girl messy style. (it's true...)

.................................................................................................................................................................

Thanks to Bubble Guppies....

It's been forever...gonna say over a year....that we've been out to eat as a family. One word...
LILY
She just isn't restaurant friendly. I know others say...well tell her she will sit and be stern.

UMMM you haven't met our child. She is strong willed and persistent. She can scream like a banshee and not quit for hours. In fact it's loud....and she becomes uncontrollable. So we quit going out until she's older.

Enter Bubble Guppies.
There is an episode where they talk about going to a restaurant. They talk about the menu...the waiters...the hostess...and how they sit in their chair.
Lily came to us this weekend and said she wanted to go eat at a restaurant.

I looked at hubs and shook my head. NO WAY. Remember our last visit to one? She was so horrible I went outside to the car and waited for him....I snapped a picture with my camera. I call it the demon photo. My head is still...and hers is a blur....constant motion I tell you...See exhibit A. (look how little she is)
Hubs said...we'll watch the episode again...then go around 2 when the place is empty. I said OK.
I was a nervous wreck and sweating the entire ride there. Lily was so excited. She walked in all shy and nervous. She kept singing the bubble guppies restaurant song. We sat...we ordered and she was an angel the entire time. Hubs and I had a great great great lunch. For one brief moment we were human again. haha.

Hubs big milestone birthday (the one I'm not supposed to mention) was on Tuesday (oops I didn't type that..or that he was turning ++), so we ventured out again to a restaurant. Again Lily was excited and right on board with us. We had a $25 gift card to Salt Grass Steak ...what better meal for a bday lunch right? Off we went when the lunch crowd was over....LILY WAS A COMPLETE ANGEL.
We almost didn't recognize her. Even the waitress said "How old is she? She is the best behaved child I have seen in a long while"
Hubs and I busted out laughing when the waitress walked away. If only she knew. But yes...Lily is really starting to enjoy being a big girl. Now granted we don't stay long ....but it feels good to venture out again into the real world.

(here she is with her OH MY face looking at the dead stuffed massive wild animals)
...................................................................................................................................................................

Reid is a hoot. I am so in love with him I could scream....I love being greeted by his happy wide gummy grins eat day. I love watching him scoot around in a 380 to grab for toys and try to crawl. He reminds me of an alligator...how they belly crawl...that's him right now. He is such a happy boy....I was telling hubs last night..."wow...I sure needed him after Lily...I love her spunk, but each night I drop to sleep in seconds flat from pure exhaustion" Reid's personality is like the other 3 kids....easy to please...and happy anywhere...and SLEEPS. He isn't much of a cuddle bug. Lily loved to be rocked and nursed to sleep and needs you there until she drifts off. Reid pretty much wants down and in his crib. The minute you lay him down he stills and puts himself to sleep. My kind of kid. He's like me..out like a light




Comments

Lily is wild. Reid is so precious. Grayson is well, a teenage boy who just wants to go with the flow. BUT his hair? Yea, definitely needs a cut!!!
Kristen said…
Yay that you can go out to eat again!
Neely said…
Reid is so advanced!
Kerbi said…
Lily cracks me up! My dad wouldn't take me to restaurants when I was between the ages of 3 and 4 because I threw a major fit one time {like on the floor kicking and screaming}. I learned my lesson.
carissa said…
yay for shaggy hair getting cut!!! my hubby had LONG hair (looked like shaggy himself) and i loved it at the time. now, 7 years later, i look back at pictures and wonder what we were thinking?! : ) i'm sure you're boy will thank you later for your hair cutting encouragement.

welcome to real life again! : ) i know it will be nice to eat out every now and then.

reid sounds like my hunter. sage reminds me of your lily! ha ha!
Anna said…
So fun! yay for haircuts and angel kids :)
I'm seriously going to find that episode on youtube and play it on loop for my Lilly! She's a terror in restaurants!
Amber said…
Lily is growing up! :) Looks like she's graduated from drive-thru and can now go in to sit down.. that's what my mom used to tell us when we were kids, haha!
Dana said…
Lily is so cute!! Yay for being a big girl when out to eat! We went through that same exact thing with Austin. He was NOT a child I would take any where in public for quite some time, I had quite a few mortifying mommy moments.

That is awesome your son is now wanting to cut his hair!!

Popular Posts