Menu Monday

It seems like ages since I posted my Menu Monday...that's what having a little dude friend around can do.

So I'm back hard on the Low Carb eating this week. Thankfully after eating like there was "NO TOMORROW" over the past 2 weekends (I seem to deem weekends for crazy off the chart eating) I haven't gained any weight back.

So far I'm down 13 lbs...that's almost 1 stone for you European peeps. (wink)

This week I looked up some Low Carb stuff and this is what is on the menu for the week.

The kids can add chips, buns, fries, or tortillas to carb theirs out. I'm not forcing anyone to give up the good stuff...

Tonight is Cheeseburger Casserole...haven't tried it....so I can't comment on taste...

CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
2 pounds ground beef
5 strips bacon, chopped
16 ounces frozen cauliflower
Butter
Salt and pepper, to taste
Pinch garlic powder
1 egg
8 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded

Brown the hamburger and bacon together; drain the fat. Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, egg and 3/4 of the cheese. Meanwhile, cook the cauliflower until very tender. Mash and season with salt and pepper and a little butter. Put the cauliflower in a greased 2-quart casserole dish. Spread the meat mixture over the cauliflower and top with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350ยบ for 35 minutes, until hot and bubbly.

Makes 6 servings
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 487 Calories; 35g Fat; 38g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

There was a side note from the person who posted the recipe...I think I'll take her advice

**This tasted pretty good, but I think it might be better to put the meat on the bottom and top with the cauliflower and cheese. I wasn't too crazy about it at first, but I grew to like it the more I ate it.

What's on your menu this week? Any Low carb recipes you love? Pass them on.

And as for yesterday's post...You're right! I CAN CAN!!


Comments

Amber said…
Sounds yummy! I wanna come to your house for dinner :)
Lauren Frank said…
My whole family has been doing low-carb since about February and we love using cauliflower for tons of stuff! We make mashed cauliflower, just like mashed potatoes and add garlic, cheese, sour cream, onions, etc...it is amazing! We have also made cauliflower pizza, and it was pretty good too. I can get you that recipe if you would like. There are quite a few other recipes we have, some have been tried and others we haven't gotten around to...lol! I'm going to have to try that cheeseburger casserole!
Angie said…
I need to make this...It is perfect for us right now.

I made mealoaf last night with no bread crumbs. It fell apart, but tasted good. I always put parm cheese and cheddar cheese in my meatloaf. (the kids think they are meatballs.)
Anyway, since I can't have the ketchup/brownsugar/mustard I normally top it it with I did a gravy. I saute'd onions, garlic, and mushrooms and added heavy whipping cream (0 carbs) until bubbly. It was pretty good.

I'm totally checking back to see if ppl post some yummy low carb stuff.
LeAnna said…
That actually sounds really tasty! I love using cauliflower!
Katie Elizabeth said…
Ooh this sounds delicious! I hope everyone liked it - I'm sure I would. I love casseroles.

xo katie elizabeth
ohheyylife.blogspot.com
Neely said…
ANytime you wanna cook for me...
Stef said…
13 pounds, woman! You go!!
Stacie said…
Sounds tasty and I don't even like cauliflower!
carissa said…
This is awesome. This could be a great way to get my picky kids to eat some veggies!!!

Popular Posts