Baby Blues


Not the down in the dumps Baby Blues...but the gorgeous baby blues of my baby's eyes ...

Yep...this brown eyed momma...has 5, count them....5, babies with zero brown eyes. If Reid's change from blue to brown than call me a monkey butt...but I think they are a pretty shade of blue. 2 of my babies have hazel or deep green...3 have blue.

Child #2 had the most incredible blue eyes as an infant...unlike anything I had ever seen....When he was a baby his eyes were sometimes as blue as the sky...or pale as a white cloud....or gray like the skies on a rainy day. They are absolutely amazing.

Child #3 (mini me) had such gorgeous blue eyes that people used to stop me when she was younger and comment on them. They would either be as dark as the bluest ocean or turn violet around the edges. I can sit and stare at her eyes for hours.

I've always hated my brown eyes....I think b/c everyone always commented on them being brown. When I was a little girl a boy asked me if all I saw was brown? (odd b/c if he thought about it I guess that would mean all he saw was blue or green) Brown was considered 'plain jane'....My mother has brown eyes....a deeper shade than mine. One day way back when I was a little girl she needed to get glasses ....(she's still in denial about that) and decided to get contacts...only reason???!!! to get colored contacts. I still crack up laughing about seeing her with those on...she got blue....and it looked like she had cataracts. Her eyes looked so freaky...we all died laughing. I'm guessing that is how I would have looked too since I am her Mini Me....I wasn't destined for any color but brown I guess.

When Mini Me was a little girl she came up to me and said, "Mommy my eyes are the color of the sky...yours are the color of dirt" I am pretty sure she meant it as a sweet 4 yr old compliment, but yet again....my eyes are plain brown.

Enter in baby #5....blue eyes.....and holding steady. By the time Lily was 4 months hers had already turned to green and then eventually hazel with gold flecks.

mine...just dirt color...but my children's eyes are much more than dirt....they are the oceans, skies, clouds, and the earth.


Comments

LeAnna said…
Loved this post! Your babies do have pretty eyes. Q's eyes are the bluest blue I've ever seen, and I have no idea where he got them from. Hubby and I both have green eyes. I think Sprigs will turn green, eventually. Right now they are a steely blue. I love how eye colors differ so much, and how some change with the weather and colors around them. Pretty cool, considering we absorb all of our surroundings because of them.
Anonymous said…
That is the most gorgeous baby I have seen to date!

What a heart breaker!
Neely said…
beautiful kiddos!
Jaima said…
Your kiddos do have beautiful eyes! My daughter has blue eyes and every random person I meet ask me where she gets them from. lol Both my husband and I have brown eyes, but I am the only child on my moms side with dark eyes so I am assuming that is where her light eyes come in. I want them to stay so bad. She is 6 months and I am constantly asking people "do you think they will change?"
Those are some baby blues! We have a house full of blues over here, but I remember being little and wanting brown eyes because I had blond hair and I thought it would look cool. More proof that the grass is always greener on the other side.
Kerbi said…
When I was in high school I didn't like my green eyes so I got colored contacts to make them blue! Now, I love that my eyes are green!
Stef said…
I had a boyfriend who had the most beautiful brown eyes. Brown is a great color.
Isn't it strange the genes that our kids get...
Kenj said…
I love this! I have plain brown dirt eyes, you are so not alone!

Popular Posts