Simple Sunday Stuffed Sweets

1



(say that title 5 times fast)
What does one do with a fridge full of strawberries? Make Jam...(more on that later)
or
make The Tasty Kitchen's (Ree's blog) Stuff French Toast

I made a low fat version of this years ago....but I had some loaves of sourdough bread and didn't want to skimp on the 'stuffed' part...so I went for it...and glad I did

Granted this is French Toast...but I only had Sourdough on hand and it tasted ohhh sooo yummy.

2

Simplified Ingredients....(add according to how many you are making)

1 1/2" slices of bread

2 heaping tbs of cream cheese (room temp)

2 heaping tsp of strawberry jam

1 egg, milk, cinnamon

strawberries, slivered almonds, and powdered sugar for topping

make a mixture of cream cheese and jam (set aside)

whip egg, milk, and cinnamon together in a bowl (set aside)

cut a slit in the top of your bread to form a pocket

stuff cream cheese mixture inside

dip bread on both sides in egg mixture

brown in skillet until pretty ...

sprinkle strawberries, almonds, and powered sugar on top.

EAT....

That good...

That simple.

3


Comments

Neely said…
OH my gosh Laura...Chad and I are salivating!
This comment has been removed by the author.
Of course you know (I mean, you just ate it), but this is THE best french toast ever! Thanks for reminding me to make it again! I made it for Nick's birthday last year.

http://musingsofasouthernbellemama.blogspot.com/2010/05/happy-birthday-redhead.html
Oh my that looks so so so good. Will have to try!
LeAnna said…
Made this for breakfast this morning! Oh my, even Hubby (who hates eggs) cleaned his plate. I made a few variations: Used half ricotta/cream cheese, strawberry vanilla bean jam from last year (heck yes!) and only used yolks, which may have no made that much of a diff, I don't know. I have eggs out my wazoo so I never feel bad about "wasting" part of the egg. SO DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Used an "expired" loaf of italian bread from walmart, that I got for 90 cents. So easy, so good. Delish!

Popular Posts