Tuesday Tidbits....Food included

What's a meal w/o salsa? Not sure, because I can eat just about anything with salsa or pico on it.

If you know me...you know 2 things...

1. I love to bake/cook

2. I love Ree @ The Pioneer Woman (I want to be her when I grow up) She would so be my BFF if she ever met me...I mean I am witty and fun and fun and well....not sure, but I know she would want to be my friend.

Tonight is Taco Night in our house (see Menu Monday)

I will be going chip-taco-less tonight. Tis ok...I will fill up on beef and some lettuce and cheese. I'm low on carbs today and will add some salsa...never you fear.

I am making more taco meat than necessary tonight...I'm using the leftovers for breakfast.

What am I making....? Scrambled eggs with taco meat and cheese. I'm soooo looking forward to the morning.

**Ree's Restaurant Salsa

Ingredients

  • 1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
  • 2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
  • 1/2 cup Chopped Onion (Ree says 1/4 cup...I'd prob even go to 3/4..we love onions here)
  • 1 clove Garlic, Minced
  • 1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
  • 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
  • 1/2 cup Cilantro (more To Taste!)
  • 1/2 whole Lime Juice

Preparation Instructions

Note: this is a very large batch. Recommend using a 12-cup food processor, or you can process the ingredients in batches and then mix everything together in a large mixing bowl.

(note: Add more onions...)

Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor.

Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you'd like---I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.


**Someone subscribed my husband to Martha Stewart Living...we have no idea who and I'm not complaining. Last month I got April, May, June, and July's issues. Last week August came. I'm in hog heaven browsing all the great recipes. I usually only have free magazines here...Thanks to Coke Reward pts....Huggies pts....and when I bought the kids school supplies through the school I got a free subscription too. The only ones I have purchased are Southern Living (16 yr subscriber thank you!) and Cooking Light. I had a discounted Semi Homemade w/Sandra Lee, but after it ended the full yr was too pricey and I passed....(regrets)

**Half freeze a bottle of water with Crystal Light to slushie form...boom instant treat.

**I am going to join Leanna over at Thoughts and Whatnots....and have an open floor to questions. I loved reading hers from last year...someone asked if she was flat footed. (Raises hand) I love getting to know people (squinty eyes and all *winks at Leanna*) and thought maybe some of you had questions you wanted to know about.

**Sad sad day today....I need to lower the mattress on R's crib. Now that he's in crawling mode his little head is too high for a momma's comfort. Breaks my ♥ my baby is growing up. Just today after his morning nap....I found his head at the opposite end of the crib. My little mover and shaker...

Comments

Stef said…
I LOVE LOVE LOVE salsa. If I could eat it everyday I would. Only it would burns a little too much coming out. Can't wait to try this one~
Anna said…
I love PW's salsa, I just tend to add about 5-6 jalapenos...we like it hot :)

Questions, I will ask you the same one I asked LeAnna, and who knows I haven't been a follower of yours for too long so you may have previously said this but: more kids or done now?
Autumn said…
I have tried PW's salsa and it is DANG good - but what does Ree make that isn't right!!

I am also a magazine-a-holic!! So many ideas - so little time!
LeAnna said…
Okay, question time!!

1.) What was your first job?

2.) Did you always know you wanted to be a SAHM, or was it something you learned to love?

3.) Paula Dean is coming to your house for supper, do you pull out all the stops and fix something fabulous or do you fix a family favorite and not worry about what she'll think?

So sad about the crib mattress!!! Sprig's is all the way to the bottom because she's a bit of a monkey. :sigh:

Popular Posts