A Whole Lot Of Firsts


Dude Friend is 1 month old today!

Time sure does fly when you're sleep deprived! I'm not really sure when he gets up at night....I think the first time he goes down he sleeps close to 3 hrs ....after that he's all over the map! During the day he is still doing terrific...that's good and bad...I'd like him to do terrific during the night too. I think I have a few more months of this up and down business at night right? Remind me I've forgotten! I'm looking forward to a 6 hr stretch!

Another first......

Dude smiled a huge massive grin at me this morning while changing his night nights! It was the most precious thing in the world! He watches each of us walk in the room and follows us around w/his eyes. He responds soooo well to my voice...."makes my heart feel super happy!" (name the show)

Another First.....

Wouldn't you know it? The week after I wean Miss Lillian from the boob....she gets her first tummy bug and a fever. Ticked me off. What makes it worse? My brother, sis in law, and their 3 kids were over to see Dude Friend for the first time. I noticed Lily didn't eat her lunch but didn't think too much of it. Then she came to me at 1 and asked to go night night...ok that WAS odd but again dismissed it.

Then she came to me and said "I hurt". Ok being the great mother I am I again dismissed it...thinking she just wanted to be held. I set her down and off she ran to play....only 15 secs later she came over and started puking. Again being the smart mom I am...I picked her up and ran for the trash can.....about 15 feet away...so she's puking as I'm running....w/hubs yelling...JUST STAND STILL JUST STAND STILL.

It was horrible...she's never ever thrown up and I hate when the first time a child does it. It's this scary experience...something is shooting out of their mouth that they can't control! The look on her face was horrible and I kept telling her it would be ok...it was almost over.

What a way to clear a party huh? As I'm in the bathroom bathing Lily ...out the door went my brother and his family. I hope they come back one day!

Dude Friend has another name from Lily now.....Boo Boo Bossy! Boo Boo is what she calls to nurse....haha...and bossy probably b/c when he nurses he attacks it like he hasn't eaten in years! (try more like a hr)

She also cracks me up b/c when she hears him fussing on the baby monitor she shouts..."Lay back down bebe and go back to sweep!"....boy can she read my mind or what?

I started writing this post on Saturday....you can see how much I have had accomplished! I'm frazzled and wishing I was bedazzled haha..ok bad joke...I told you I was tired!



Comments

Jumping Jack said…
Happy 1 Month, Dude Friend! He's a cutie pie and I love those monthly stickers. Hope Lils is feeling better! Nothing worse than a puking babe.

I think Jack started sleeping in 6-7 hour stretches around 2 1/2 months, but that's about when I quit nursing too.
1 month already?! Holy smokes!
Can't wait to get to see that grin of his!
I can't believe he is a month old already!!! Yes, just a few more months. Looking back after Ethan turned 3 months...things got so much easier. Not too much longer to go. It will all seem like a blur soon haha.
Neely said…
I hope Lilly feels better! Happy 1 month Reid!
B said…
Happy 1 month to your precious little man!
LeAnna said…
Ahhh, poor you! Pukin' kids are no fun, for anyone involved. Glad to hear you're emerging from the frazzled fog. This too shall pass. :)
Lori said…
Yikes! I hope Lily is feeling better. I really like what a free spirited child she seems to be. Also hope that little Reid sleeps more for his mama's sake!
Just Jennifer said…
Happy one month Reid! He's so handsome, I know you are just in love! Are you getting used to being home with the two of them during the day yet? I hope you get more sleep here soon- it won't be forever!
Shannon said…
Seriously, how can it be? One month already, surely you are fibbing!

He's just presh, Laura! As for sweet L, so sorry she got so sick! That stinks!

Hope she's healthy soon and that the rest of the fam doesn't get it!
mountain mama said…
oh, sleep deprivation is totally not fun...neither is a throwing up child!

so sorry...it will all be over soon and you'll be getting lots of shut eye!

:)
Angie said…
Stomach bugs are no fun. I hope she is feeling better now! Hang in there momma...you are doing a great job!
jen said…
One word.

Elf.
Awww!! Happy 1 month Dude Friend!!!
Annie said…
one month already....wow!!!

Poor Lils...I hope that she is better now!!
carissa said…
what a handsome one month old he is! btw, i cannot believe it's been one whole month. i bet you can! lol! ;) you are one month closer to getting your sleep back... hopefully. : ) boo boo bossy - too funny.
There is no way that he can be a month old already! That has flown by!
Unknown said…
Happy 1 Month! He is so cute!
Stef said…
Cutest little one month I have seen all month!
And I am totally with you when it comes to little kid vomit. It is so sad because they don't get it. And they just keep asking for water and swallowing. So so sad.
Dana said…
Happy 1 month dude friend! He is absolutely adorable!!

I know I am probably out of the loop...but where did you get that cute 1 month patch that is on his onesie? I have seen a lot of mamas taking monthly pics of their kiddos in these and I wanna get some!
New Mommy!!! said…
Girl did you make those stickers?

Popular Posts