Hey Good Looking..Whatcha Got Cooking?

Last night I decided to cook again...I truly miss preparing fun meals for the family!!!! One day I'll be back full throttle!

Now this meal wasn't that hard to make...but working w/dough and hot oil are not a combo when toting a 7 WEEK OLD TODAY around....notice the bold caps? Yep Dude Friend is 7 weeks today. He slept 5.25 hrs last night....woolalahoo! I think that could possibly be because he only took 4 20-30min cat naps yesterday....ugh but I'll take sleep where I can get it.

On the menu for last night? Yumminess!

I was watching the Food Network again and caught 5 IngredientFix w/Claire.....she made a Romaine salad w/dough croutons and White Pizza


Ingredients for Salad

Romaine lettuce cut into chunks

fresh lemon juice

salt/pepper

olive oil

Parmesan cheese

pizza dough

Heat some olive oil over med low heat. Roll pizza dough out and then cut into strips. Take some scissors and snip chunks into hot oil. Take out when browned (only a few secs so watch them closely) and toss in some Parmesan cheese to coat. Set aside

Toss lettuce...lemon juice..olive oil...salt and pepper and more Parmesan cheese. Toss in croutons. wow it was incredible!


Ingredients for White Pizza

We used pre-made Naan Bread

olive oil

garlic powder

Mozzarella cheese

Ricotta cheese

Oregano (said to use fresh...only had dried on hand)

Heat oven to 400

Spread oil on naan...then sprinkle garlic powder over that

Spread a layer of Mozzarella cheese and then put dollops of Ricotta over the pizza. Sprinkle oregano and bake until brown!


This was sooo tasty last night...can't wait to make again!


I love this picture of Lily...she never and I repeat never lets us up things in her hair....I snapped a quick photo before she ripped it out. I sooo wish this child would let me play w/her hair.


Comments

Caroline said…
L is such a cutie! That dinner looks delish! And happy 7 weeks to R!
Jumping Jack said…
Yum! That pizza does sound good.

WOW! 7 Weeks??

Lily is so cute! She always looks so mischievious! HA!
Katie said…
I just found your blog via mountain mama's and love it. Seriously you are amazing losing baby weight with 5 kids and cooking? I'll be following because you'll be inspiring me!
Thanks
Katie
http://pinkepost.blogspot.com
Annie said…
yummmm.....your dinner looks delish!!!! a must-make for sure!!
LeAnna said…
Ahhh, that salad looks soooo goood! At the pizza, too. Maybe I could make it with some goat mozz!
Shannon said…
I'll be over in like ummm 6 hours? So yummy! L is looking more and more like you, my friend!

XO
jen said…
I wish I could have your love for cooking. I just dread it.
As for the cast, Reid was two weeks old when I broke it. That's how you missed the post.
Fell off my bike. Nothing dramatic, just stupid.
Lilly did look awfully adorable with her hair pulled back.
I can't hardly believe your little sweet and tiny is already 7 weeks. Wow time flies.

I'm glad you guys are doing good :)
Neely said…
Lils looks presh!
Angie said…
I love 5 ingredient fix...the best recipes ever!!

Lily looks just.like.you!!!
Stef said…
Holy sleeping woman. I don't get thatych sleep at night and my baby is 2 year old.
And that food looks so yummy.
Carey said…
I saw that exact episode! Looks DELISH! Can't believe your little man is getting so old! and I agree with Shannon Lily looks like her mama! Precious!

Popular Posts