Random Riting....(writing)

Dude Friend is 5 weeks old today.....
He still has his baby acne like his wild thang sister did at this age.....but he's still a super sweetie pie. Only fusses when he isn't held or being fed. ummm....haha
Sleeps great naps during the day...I'm starting to see a pattern....
He is still filling his tank from 7-10pm and hitting the hay for a few hrs....his nighttime is still messed up...so I'm praying that in a few more weeks he will start to sleep longer.
He is really starting to smile and follow the big kids around the room when they talk to him. His alert times are getting a big longer.....and he's starting to grow a bit more...I'm thinking he's now around 13lbs...whew!

We took our first outing as new (again) parents this weekend. Just the little kids.....Lily and Reid....we first headed to the baby store for a few more things....burp cloths (we got a puker on our hands) and some more binkies. Dude friend is usually really great, but started screaming the minute we stepped inside the store. He ended up on my shoulder the rest of the trip....hubs was pushing 2 buggies! Then off to Carter's to get Wild Thang her summer wardrobe...I'm loving the bright neon pink and yellows they had new for summer!
Thank goodness boobs are portable b/c we would have never got the shopping done w/o it!


Randon Ritings
1. Yes I'm one of those that...

...take a bite of each piece of chocolate in the box to see what's inside

...read the end of the book...I like to know what I'm in for before I start


2. It's a 4 cup day

I think I have zapped the same cup of coffee 4 times today. I hate cold coffee or iced coffee, but I'm starting to think I might just have to start. (btw it's half caff Folgers ...so never you fear) I'd really like to get a cup in me today! Hubs is super sweet...he bought me 2 more of my favorite Copco mugs this weekend.

3. Shrove Tuesday

For those of you my dear friends that celebrate in the season of Lent....HAPPY SHROVE TUESDAY OR FAT TUESDAY TO YOU!
Instead of making the 3 Kings Cake...I am baking cupcakes w/the baby hidden inside one of them....(pics to follow later) I still haven't decided what I'm giving up for the 40 days of Lent....I should go w/sleep since I'm already giving that up! haha




Comments

Dana said…
That's a super cute shirt!! I can't wait to start buying girly things!!!

And I take one bite out of chocolates in a box also to see what's filled inside! DH hates it!!
Joanne said…
13 pounds??? My 6 month old just weighed in at 15. Holy smokes, that is some potent milk you got there!
Neely said…
He is a big baby!! Very healthy :)
Kelly said…
I do that with chocolate pieces occasionally!
mountain mama said…
i can't believe he's already 5 weeks!!!

we love carter's too!!!
Lori said…
I haven't been to carter's in quite some time, but that picture alone is making me want to go check it out! :)

Glad to hear you are doing well. Hope you are getting enough rest! if not, tell your hubs to buy you a keurig
Unknown said…
Love your fat tuesday cupcake idea. Cant wait to see the post on that! :)
Shannon said…
Happy Fat Tuesday to you dear girl! Mardi Gras is a HUGE deal here but the festivities have all but finished for the day. We didn't partake, GG is a little under the weather (up last night throwing up...poor girl).

Anyhoo, love love love all things Carter's! That is my go to brand for Sweet Bean's play outfits!

Hope you're well and yay for you for getting out!

Happy 5 weeks Dude Friend! XO
Ashley said…
5 weeks already? Wow! I love that you're still calling him Dude Friend! :)
carissa said…
my babies are chunky too... my 9 mo old is in the 97th percentile! they sleep better like this, right? or at least they do eventually. : )

i'm the same way with chocolates! why waste your calories on the whole piece if you aren't going to really like it. this must we're smart!
Tiffany said…
SO agree on the Carters stuff! We picked up the cutest things for Ava in there. I'm going to be so sad when she outgrows it!

Hope 'lil Dude starts sleeping better soon!

Popular Posts