Super Powers....

Lily constantly asks to hold Dude Friend 24/7....so off we go to prop pillows up for her to "HOLD DA BEBE" ...he actually enjoys it...when he's screaming mad...she can hold him and he stops and just stares at her....this morning he was actually smiling! Love them!!! (she is saying 'cheese' and of course not looking at the camera...she stares off in space!)

What super power would you need right now? I need the power of flying...I think I could get things done around the house faster......

Like last night...I had like 10 things needing to be done at once and was over my head....why on earth do I tackle to cook meals that are time consuming lately? They are the easiest to make...just when you double or triple recipes and have to assemble stuff...ugh! I had just put Dude Friend down for a nap....glanced at the clock and had a few minutes to get dinner in the oven....add to the fact that Lily needed me...the laundry was all over the living room...phone ringing....door knocking.....dishes needed to be unloaded (2nd time already) to load the dinner dishes.....

*side note...if some make over show wants to come in and upgrade my kitchen to 2 sinks...2 dishwashers....a double oven and wall of fridges and freezers for my growing family...bring it on....

back to boring story....

Point is? I made these really yummy Stuffed Pizza Rolls from Our Best Bites.....
They turned out super duper fantastic and I can't wait to make them again and do a variation in different pans. I think the key to this in the future for me? Make all the bowls with toppings mixed w/the cheese ahead of time...so all I'll have to do is assemble! I can't say enough about these and the kids adored them. Hubs even went in for 2nds. That's how I know I've got a repeat recipe on my hands!

Stuffed Pizza Rolls


1 roll refrigerated pizza dough* (or make your own)
marinara/pizza sauce (click here to make your own)
2 T grated Parmesan cheese (sorry, I don’t know how to make that)
1 T olive oil or melted butter
1/2 t garlic powder
1 t dried Italian seasoning
mozzerella cheese
Pizza toppings of your choice: ie, ham and pineapple, pepperoni slices, sausage, etc.

Preheat oven to heat specified on pizza dough package. Usually it’s 400 degrees. If you make your own dough, 400 is usually a good heat as well.

Unroll your pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface. Pat or roll the dough so it’s about 12″ by 8″. You’re going to want to cut it into 24 squares, so just eyeball it if you need to. Use a pizza cutter to slice the dough into 24 squares

Place cheese and desired toppings on each square. (Note that you’re not putting the marinara sauce on the dough- it’s for dipping after) Just eyeball how much. You just need to be able to enclose the toppings in the dough so keep that in mind.
When all of your dough squares have cheese and toppings on them, carefully lift up each square and wrap the dough around the toppings. Pinch to make sure each ball is sealed shut and then place them seam side down in a lightly sprayed pie pan (or similar sized dish).

Brush the tops of the dough balls with olive oil or melted butter (I’ve used both and there’s not much difference in result) and then sprinkle with the garlic and Italian seasoning and top with Parmesan cheese.

Am I the only one to shop from Zulily.com? I adore the sales and have ordered many times! I just had to get the RuffleButts top and bloomers for Lily for summer.....If you happen to sign up....say I referred you...I'd love earn a credit for all the times I've shopped there!!! Def can't wait too long w/things in the shopping cart....I've come back later that afternoon to purchase and the items were gone! The deals are great at times! I love that they have home wares...to baby stuff...to nursing clothes!

Happy Spring Break and Booooo to Day Light Savings...NOT A FAN! and to all my bloggy friends that are getting the nasty tummy bug that raged through our house.....get well soon!!! (shannon)

Comments

Jumping Jack said…
You don't like DST? Why??? I love it, other than the fact I'm sure it will make getting Jack to bed early harder since it'll still be light.

I want those pizza rolls right now!! They look so good! I know I have a winning recipe if Ran goes back for seconds and I know if he doesn't it must not have been good! HA!

Love that pic of DF and Lil. Those two are going to be trouble!! :)
Heya Laura ... I think you already have some amazing super powers girl! The way you juggle your busy family, delightful meals home made and still get time to blog to put a smile on our faces. I need me some of your superpowers :0)
ps - such a sweet pic of your treasures.
Dana said…
Those pizza rolls look amazing!! Will definitely be trying those!!

Love that photo of those 2! Super cute!
Lori said…
thanks for checking up on us! We're safe and sound. :)

Your kiddos are ADORABLE. I love that you can see a glimpse of their future relationship!
Anonymous said…
Oo, those look delish!
Shannon said…
Sweet sweet picture of DF and Lils...love her and just how well she's doing with y'alls newest addition!

Pizza rolls, normally yummo, but today no comment! :) Thanks for the shout out and well wishes. I am finally feeling somewhat normal! I hope to NEVER have that again! It was a million times worse than surgery or anything else I've ever experienced!

Have a great weekend! And agreed about daylight savings!

xo
Stacie said…
Adorable picture of Dude Friend and Lily!! Also, the pizza rolls look delicious, I'm definitely going to try these myself!
Laura Beth said…
you are amazing laura!!!i'm glad that lily has super powers. you've known all along ;)
mountain mama said…
yum, those pizza thingies sound gooooodd!!!

ya'll have a great weekend :)
Annie said…
Lils and babe are going to be bff's....she is going to teach him all sorst of great tricks.....I love it!!

Popular Posts