Dinner for Dollars.....




Dinner...Come and Get it....

I've been making a few Creamy Tomato Soups lately...(ok as in the lately before Reid was born...when I had more time to experiment) Just trying to find one that is quick yet yummy!

One of my daily recipe sites that send me recipes had one that stood out. The topic....Dinner's under $1. Oh hello...stop the train! I need more of these type of recipes that can save my growing family money.

We love grilled cheese and soup night.....last night was no different.

Creamy Tomato Soup and Grilled Sourdough cheese w/pico sandwiches (Sourdough w/velvetta cheese...add a bit of fresh pico to it before grilled....ohhh man oh man)

Most of the stuff you need to have on hand...hubs had to run out and buy the heavy whipping cream....

This recipe turned out great!

If you have some chicken broth...crushed tomatoes....heavy cream then you have pretty much this soup made in the shade!

Dessert last night was Dirt Cups...(minus the worms...I forgot)

Another terrific Dollar meal....

Refried Bean Tostadas

Corn tortillas put inside muffin tins...filled w/refried beans and cheese! How simple and awesome! Can't wait to try this this weekend....Mini Me will love to help out!!


Don't forget about the Dallas Blogger Meet up at the end of April. I'll be there for Saturday brunch...w/Dude Friend in tow!!! (can't be far from his food source) Can't wait to meet some of you!.....If you want details...hit Neely up for the info....A Complete Waste of Make up.

Comments

Jumping Jack said…
Yum that soup sounds sooo good! And I almost always have cream, tomatoes and chicken broth on hand.

I'll be at the Meet-up too! YAY! Guess I should let Neely know. HA!
Annie said…
I always love your dinner ideas!!!
Oh, I can't wait to try these recipes. Thanks, and keep 'em coming.
Ashley said…
The tostada look awesome!!

Can't wait to meet you at blogger meet-up!
LeAnna said…
My hubby loves grilled cheese and tomato soup, except he likes that nasty canned campbells kind. I'm workin' on it... ;) Great supper ideas!
Shannon said…
I'm a huge soup fan...so I have to try this.

And hello, Mexican???? You know I'm in.

Y'all will have fun at the meet up, wish I lived closer!

XO
Anna said…
Super delish! I love grilled cheese and tomato soup and a little bar/grill near my work has a great lunch special with it!! Love those cute heart sammies :)
Dana said…
Those are great supper ideas!! But I think I have the only kid ever who does not like grilled cheese sandwiches!!!

Wish I lived in TX, the blogger meet up sounds like so much fun!!
Courtney said…
That tomato soup and grilled cheese sounds SO delicious!!
Mc Allen said…
Yay, looks awesome!! I cant wait to try the torts beans and muffin pan!! Great idea! xo LA

Popular Posts