It's Awfully Quiet.....Anyone Seen Lily?

Since having Dude Friend I finally got Lily weaned (yes nursed her while pregnant)

BUT! Yes there's always a but......she would nurse to sleep *INSERT GASP*.....yes yes I know, but the child doesn't sleep and anything to help it along I would/will do.

After Reid I couldn't lay down w/her like that anymore to get her down for naps. I tried having her lay w/me on the couch when it was naptime and that lasted 2 days! I no longer push it. The first couple of days she would start to pass out at 4pm. Well that would be a disaster since when she takes her a hour nap at 1pm and then she doesn't crash at night until 10pm....so I had to keep her up and she was a grump grump!

THE UPSIDE...?

She now passes out in 2 secs sometime between 7:45 and 8:45! We feel like a new couple. Now if we can just get Reid on an 8pm bedtime schedule we can have in house date nights.

Saturday night Lily ran into the kitchen and tried to open the pantry...this was about 8:30....We told her no...that the pantry was closed for the night. She screamed and ran off...she shouted "I'm MADDDDDDDDDDDDDDD"......

A few minutes later it was really quiet....too quiet....I figured she had gotten the pantry open and was quietly eating food. Nope....Here's what we found

Passed out cold under the table!!!

Literally now that she has no nap she can go from zero to crash in minutes flat! I sure do miss naps....but I sure do love a child that is in bed before 10pm! Last night she fell asleep while I was folding laundry...time check...7:45. She sleeps 10-12 hrs and that is a huge step up from her 8 hrs total! Slowly but surely she is coming around! Now if only I can get this stubborn girl potty trained.


Comments

Neely said…
Would you say lily has been your most challenging child thus far? :)
Shannon said…
Awww sweet L! That's an adorable picture, Laura! And yay for finally getting her weaned. Your boobs must be screaming a gigantic thank you! One down one to go, my friend!

XO
LeAnna said…
Woohoo for sleep progress! All my children have decided to take up screaming before bed. It's awesome.

NOT.
jen said…
I wouldn't be thinking about the potty. The sleeping is enough. So glad.
Mama B said…
Seriously, LOVE the pic! So freakin cute. Yay for early bedtime and date nights!! ;)
mountain mama said…
bless her little heart ~

yes...anything to further the cause of mama getting much needed rest!
Lori said…
I'd love a child that would just fall asleep on her own that easily! lily is so cute in that picture :)
Jumping Jack said…
YAY for early bedtimes and home dates soon! I know hubs is ready! ;)

Lily is adorable! Jack has started laying down wherever he gets tired and saying "night, night". Last night it was the concrete patio outside. HA!
Anonymous said…
Why do children hate to sleep? ;)
melifaif said…
She'll come around. I never rushed the PT and it just happened. And Lil's hair is growing SO much! Dude friend is too cute...
Annie said…
passed out under the table, too cute!! glad she is getting to bed earlier for you guys! hopefully R is on that schedule soon as well :)
Kerbi said…
Love the pic of her passed out under the table! Too cute!
Joanne said…
When Elise napped, she would be up until 11 pm some nights. Now she passes out at about 8:30.

Unfortunately today she fell asleep in the car for about 20 minutes, so she is still up (at 9:30), chatting to herself in bed.

GO TO SLEEEEEEEEEP!
Stef said…
We are to that point as well. Briggy won't nap in the afternoon but crashed right after dinner. It is so nice.
B F said…
Neither of my kids have ever fell asleep like that! I'm jealous because I want a hilarious pic like that! Is that bad????

Popular Posts