Foto Friday and Hodge Podge Thoughts....

The boy has a lot of pink toys thanks to his wild thang sissy. I just recently bought him some "dude" burp clothes..ie boy colors. We had tons of pink girly colored burp clothes left over from Lily and I didn't see the need for new ones. Except 2 things....#1 Reid is a puker and I was running out of burp cloths each day #2...when in public I want to be proud I'm holding a boy!

One terrific difference between Lily and Dude Friend.....he lets me put him down to sleep...and even slightly awake. Lily....not on your life.....if she was even slightly aware she would pop those little eyes open. He even will fuss a bit and then put himself back to sleep....
I'm praying that means I've got a sleeper on my hands...

Did I mention that the day we gave birth to Reid (ok I did the birthin) Lily quit taking all naps. 1. That's bad since she's 2....2. that's terrific b/c guess what? She wouldn't be ready for bed until close to 10pm...NOW SHE PASSES OUT AT 8:30...WE FEEL LIKE NORMAL PARENT'S AGAIN. Now when dude starts hitting the hay by 8...life will be sailing....the big kids will have us back to themselves again! haha


Operation shrink the belly begins on Monday...so if you notice a bit of hostile writings in the next few weeks...blame it on that! Hubs is bringing home our favorite Mexican food tonight that I will graciously make last through tomorrow's lunch!

Things I'll miss getting back into my pre pregnancy fighting weight?
~handfuls of M&M's whenever I feel like it...
~dr pepper with dinner
~doritos
~cadbury eggs at Easter
~my coffee with full strength creamer in the morning
~more than 2 pieces of pizza on pizza night
~real salad dressing (back to my red wine vinegar stuff)

Things I won't miss....
~muffin tops...and not the kind on breakfast foods!!

My birthday is coming up next month so I'm determined to get a jump start and not weigh the same today as I do then! Note to self...eating what you want during your 5th pregnancy was probably not a good thing!


Comments

Caroline said…
R needed some boy colors, especially for public. :) And I am sure you look beautiful! :)
He is just so cute :)

I'm sure you look just beautiful but I know what you mean. Getting to feeling back to yourself is important. Good for you taking charge and doing something about it.
Dana said…
What a little cutie!!!

And I am sure you look great!! But I will be doing the same once this pregnancy is over. I already have a semi work out routine planned out ( but we will see how long it will take me to start it). At least it's not Christmas time with all those delicious goodies looking in the eyes for a whole month! Good luck!!
Neely said…
Im glad you got him some manly burp cloths :)
Shannon said…
You always make me smile, L! You'll get there...don't be hard on yourself!

XO
Carey said…
He is just getting cuter & cuter! And yippeeee for dude friend putting himself to sleep!!!
And I'm all for losing this muffin top too, but I will NOT sacrifice my cadbury eggs! :)))
Awww he looks so grown up!! Im with you on the fitness train! With Troy being a fussy butt last week due to his shots, I only got 2 days in. Not this next week, Im goin to Mexico in 2 months, eeeek!!
Awww he looks so grown up!! Im with you on the fitness train! With Troy being a fussy butt last week due to his shots, I only got 2 days in. Not this next week, Im goin to Mexico in 2 months, eeeek!!
mountain mama said…
it's always a bummer at first to go on a "diet" but well worth the effort in the end. i do love me some dr. pepper!!!
Lily Dawn said…
hehe, your post pregnancy diet sound just like mine- hard but totally worth it when you can fit back into your favorite jeans(i have just now gotten back into mine) I have been getting baby fever looking at all these beautiful babies online tonight... adorable =)
Anonymous said…
I'm trying so hard to eat well, and stay off the sugar this time round'. So maybe it'll come off easier!
Anna said…
You are so funny! A friend of mine had two boys then was blessed with a girl so she dyed the boys blue/white/yellow clothes purple and pink and said it turned out pretty good!
Although I do not have any kids to show for it my muffin tops are about to get axed too...good luck!!

Popular Posts