Hail to the King......

I didn't take into account how tiny the baby I was using for the Mardi Gras...3 Kings Cake...Fat Tuesday...Shrove Tuesday....however you like to call the day before Lent......for the cupcakes I baked for the family! It was itty bitty......The person who finds the baby is King or Queen for the day......in this case....could choke for the day! ugh! Choking hazard...what kind of mother am I?

All the kids were trying to decide which one held the baby....all were wrong....Guess who won King for the day? HUBS! Who already thinks he's king...and now he just sealed the deal. It was funny...each kid was slowly biting into their cupcake...I was sure one of them had it....I asked hubs and he said nope....I was scratching my head...I knew I put it in one of those....he walks over to me and kisses me...and grins w/the baby between his teeth! SILLY DADDY HE GOT THE BABY.

He said he was chewing and nearly swallowed it it was so tiny. At that moment I was glad he was the one that got it...whew!

For Lent the idea is to give something up for 40 days....a sacrifice....A friend had an even better suggestion...(goodness knows those 40 days are like the new years resolutions for me...I can't keep them)

Here's her thoughts:

It is suggested that instead of "giving up" something, take on something positive like praying for specific persons or issues each day, keeping a prayer journal, visiting a shut-in or calling or writing to someone who needs attentions and the list goes on. You know something positive you can do that will enrich you and someone else. Do it!
I sooooo like her idea better! So as for me...I'm keeping my soda pop.....internet.....coffee.....chocolate.....sleep (hee hee) and in return I am going to focus my energy more on the Word. I miss my morning devotions....Now I'm lucky I get pants on these days. So I will devote my 40 days back to my early morning devotions!

(post for yesterday...)
Happy Ash Wednesday....
Ash Wednesday: Indeed, the right time is now. Today is the day of salvation. - 2 Corinthians 6.2

I tried making a cookie cake....but needed help. When the timer beeped I had little Dude Friend in my arms...I asked hubs to take the cookie out....his oven mitt smashed the side of the cookie in....

Dude Friend is really grinning these days...as precious as it is....it's not AS precious at 1 am...when he decides to stay up for 2 hrs +....he'll look up at me in the dark and do it open mouth...wide as he can.....precious grin! Then of course I melt and realize one day he will sleep through the night (hopefully sooner than later) and he will not smile at me at 1am. Love you dude!

Comments

LeAnna said…
That all looks so tasty! And I hear ya about being better with devo's in the morning. Sounds like a good idea to me!
Lori said…
I haven't done a devotion in forever. I really need to get on it :( Thanks for the reminder.

Man i don't miss those late nights for sure, but I miss those first smiles and grins ... your little dude is ADORABLE.
Neely said…
You are superwoman! 5 kids and you still bake! You rock :)
You made me think of something! A cupcake contest at a shower and whoever grabbed the one with a treat on the inside wins a prize. So they have to eat to find it, bahaha!

Popular Posts