That's My Girl


Don't ya love this stage? When they've discovered their nostrils? Thankfully she just sticks her fingers in there and says ewwwwwwwwwwww. I refuse to have a boogey eater!


When she saw this picture she said...."Oh wook...wiwy is holdin da bebe....Hey I want to try that!" and then proceeded to stick her finger in her nose like the picture! Lovely! haha


Lily turned 2 1/2 a few days ago and her vocabulary has grown in the past weeks....I think of how far she has come in the past 6 months...what's another 6 months going to be like when she's 3? Shesh! She went from calling the oldest child 'Din Din' to his actual name Grayson. It's clear as a bell. She has full conversations with you now that totally crack us up.


The other day hubs was pulling his truck in the driveway and paused to rev the engine....Lily said "Ohhh wook mommy...daddy is being silly" She's starting to put ideas and everyday life into perspective now. Sad my baby is getting bigger!


She has these inventive conversations with her babies. They go on all sorts of adventures in the living room. Scary at how her mind works. Hubs and I will sit and stare at her and wonder where it all comes from (points to hubs) She even creates little voices for her friends...


She's showing an interest in her letters...more than just singing the ABC song...she points to letters she sees in her everyday life and wants to know what it is. She is constantly bringing me her doodle board to write letters.....I start homeschooling her in the fall for preschool...I think it's going to be a blast! Who doesn't love 3 yr olds?!!!!


I'm making a Bacon and Blue Cheese stuffed Chicken Breasts and creamy broccoli side dish (5 ingredient fix)


and Roasted Jalapeno Chicken Breasts w/a Chile Cheese Rice side dish (mexican made easy)


this week...so stay tuned!!!

Comments

LeAnna said…
Love the pic, we're also in the throws of nose picking. Oh my word. But I have a boy, and he thinks it's the most awesome thing ever. Gag.

It's so crazy how much changes once they hit 2 years old, I can't even fathom that when Q is 2.5 his little sis will be so close to a year. Eeeek! Slow down, time!
Neely said…
Oh lilly so crazy :)
I can only imagine what every 6 months brings in changes to these kids. Cooper changed so much at each of his 6 month birthdays and I can't imagine what he will be like even at 2 years old let alone 2-1/2 or 3 years.

Lilly is so cute, I love hearing all the cute things she says. :)
Caroline said…
So cute!! Please share these recipes!
Dana said…
Love it!! My son unfortunately was a boogie eater for a long time. Gag!!!!

The things they say when they can really start talking. Makes ya wonder what goes through their little minds sometimes. That is so cute about Lily and her babies and using different voices. It's so interesting watching their imaginations run wild!!


Can I come over for dinner??!!! You have to share that recipe!!
Annie said…
So cute when they start talking in full sentances like that!! I cant wait for Blake to talk more.

Dinner sounds yummm...cant wait to see the recipies!!
Tiffany said…
Sooooo cute! I love when they get to the point that they can have a conversation but they still have the cute little baby voice. :)
Annie said…
ha! too cute!!!
can i please come for dinner? that meal sounds delicious and i know i wont be cooking anything ;)
Kerbi said…
Lilly is too cute! I agree, please share the recipes!!
carissa said…
what a precious picture. ; ) hunter does the same thing... says eww and moves on. i think this means we're blessed. : )
Lauren said…
HAHA! Silly girl! I love how Dude is just laying there like "whatever. she does this all the time"
Anna said…
Sounds delish! I love seeing little ones grow into their voices and words!
Anna said…
Oh and really anything with bacon and/or bleu cheese YUM!

Popular Posts