I'm On A Roll (Pumpkin Roll)....and 14 Weeks to Go!

Today is Wednesday...You know what that means...In Laws for dinner and my pregnancy week changes! 26 weeks today! woohoo!

Here's the latest belly shot...

Baby is moving bunches....right now he's more of a puncher. Hubs and the big kids have felt him moving and I can't stop giggling how neat it is. I guess no matter how many babies I carry inside each flutter, jab, roll, and pinch is amazing. I'm gonna miss my empty belly when this is all said and done. I always wonder if this is the last one....so I try to relish each and every feeling with each pregnancy!
I have my midwife appt tomorrow...and then after that I'm every 2 weeks!

Dessert for tonight...the fantastic, can't go wrong, knock your socks off, thank you Libby's Pumpkin, b/c you rock Pumpkin Roll!......If you haven't made this then you need to head to the store now and get busy! It's super fun to make and the taste is out of this world! If you don't have time...I'm making 2 of them....you can try and beg for leftovers!

Libby's Pumpkin Roll
Ingredients
  • 4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2/3 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
  • 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
  • 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
  • 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Powdered sugar (optional for decoration)

Directions

FOR CAKE:
PREHEAT
oven to 375° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.

COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.

BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. (If using a dark-colored pan, begin checking for doneness at 11 minutes.) Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.

FOR FILLING:
BEAT
cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.

COOKING TIP:
Be sure to put enough powdered sugar on the towel when rolling up the cake so it will not stick.


Busy Bee Mommy is at it again!!!

I love to bake and cook...no surprise there.....
I'm also an avid reader. I read a couple of books a week. But when I'm nursing...I usually read more...I have a book going upstairs by the nursing chair....(and a book light for when it's dark in the room for those middle of the night feedings) and another book downstairs. (I'm weird)

Reading calms me....I love getting lost in a good book. Thankfully my MIL shares my passion b/c most of my books come from her. I've got a list of series I'll gladly recommend that I enjoyed if you need something to read....

As for one of my fav authors...Debbie Macomber...I think I've read everything of hers.....I love a good sappy tame romance. Did any of you catch the Hallmark Movie last winter called "Mrs Miracle"? Well Debbie wrote another one and Hallmark is going to show it in December too! It's called "Call me Mrs Miracle" WOOHOO...I just finished the book in 2nds flat and sobbed like a baby at the end! It was wonderful!!! Def can't wait for hubs and I to watch this one! I love my man...he sets the dvr to record those Holiday Hallmark movies starting in November for me! (Love you)

Point of the story? Well Debbie also wrote a series called Cedar Cove...and she even made a cookbook. Well I can't turn that down....inside it is really neat...esp if you read the books....There was a sugar cookie recipe that was quicker and easier than mine and I had to try it out! I'm going to be making some cookies for a baby shower in a few weeks and needed practice....

Here is the after school treat I made for the kids today!!! The cookie recipe is just as good as my other one...(remember my teacher end of year gifts back in May?)

So here's the spooky treats for the kids....the icing set overnight so if you were to ship these out they should send well....but they will be eaten before too long.....

I made an extra for baby Reid. (ok I'll eat it for him....)
and then I was playing around and made an egg on a grill and some candy corn cookies! The recipe made about 21 big cookies rolled 3/8"
I'll post the baby shower cookies in a few weeks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Neely said…
Those cookies are precious!!! And seriously I love Libby's pumpkin! I put it in my oatmeal, yogurt, everything!
I LOVE Libby's pumpkin roll! I make it every fall along with my pumpkin cookies.
beckylbranch said…
I neeeed that pumpkin roll NOW! I don't even own a rolling pin!
Caroline said…
Your belly is so cute!!! And that pumpkin roll looks delish. I baked pumpkin bread last night. Yum!
Caitrin said…
I love getting lost in books too- my hubby always tells me I am a nerd because of how much I read :) Those cookies are adorable and that pumpkin roll looks delicious!!
Stef said…
Oh that pumpkin roll looks great. I think I will make it for our Halloween party this Saturday. I've never made one.
Hubs and I are done having babies. But I loved being pregnant. The moves, the hiccups, all of it. It always amazes me the our bodies know how to make a baby. Amazing!
Shannon said…
Those pumpkin cookies are very cute! I always loved it when thoughtful mommas like you sent in goodies for the teacher, it always made my day! I was thinking about making a pumpkin cheesecake but now that I've read this, I might want to make your pumpkin roll! Oh the decisions....
Angie said…
I have been wanthing to make a pumpkin roll, but made a pumpkin sheet cake instead. IT is so good. I'm thinking I will do the pumpkin roll closer the thanksgiving!

Those cookies are tooooo cute!
You look amazing!! Gald all is going well, the cookies and pumpkin roll look yummy, BTW!!
Cindy said…
That pumpkin roll looks delish!! Thanks for sharing! xo

Popular Posts