23 Weeks.....and Sweet Treats...

You ever have one of those days....where you make a list of ingredients off the recipe itself, but overlook one key ingredient. So the next day you rush to the store for a few last minute things...plus that ingredient. Only to tell yourself you don't need a list ...I mean after all you are only going for a few things. Only AGAIN to get to the store and realize you have no clue what you are doing there.

I ran to the store for ketchup (making Diner Meatloaf Muffins tonight), computer ink...(we've been out for a few days and oldest needs to do a project), and chapstick b/c 2nd child's lips are bright red from licking!

SO Yep, I come home from Walmart w/poster board...spider web cotton to decorate the front yard, and apples. NOW WHERE ON EARTH DID THOSE THINGS COME FROM? I NEEDED KETCHUP, INK, AND CHAPSTICK!

So needless to say .....I bite! haha

Tonight the inlaws are coming and I'm making my yummy Diner Meatloaf Muffins. I've made these plenty of times and they turn out fantastic. I make them ahead of time in the muffin tins and pop them in the fridge for later!

Menu
Diner Meatloaf
Mashed Potatoes
Salad
Rolls

and .......



Now I've never made this pie, but I did lick the bowl when I was finished and it was really good...so I'm really excited to try it frozen! I have a little confession. Although this is a WW recipe....I didn't make it scale friendly! I used regular ingredients for everything! (evil grin)


Now I normally only put up even numbered weeks pics...but little man keeps waking me up before 6am and having a party in my belly every morning. This morning it was 5:50am-6:59am. He literally moved non stop. I tried changing positions but he wasn't having it. I think he was making snow angels.....or learning to break dance....either way I didn't get any sleep!

Comments

New Mommy!!! said…
You're shoppping trip escapade is too funny! You look fab! So tiny and petite. So sexy mama!
B said…
I do that ALL THE TIME! And it always happens to be the MOST important item. Urggh! And my lips have been SO chapped lately. Of course, Burt's was the ONE thing I kept forgetting at the store. Ha! Happy 23 weeks :)
Caroline said…
Fred would love that pie!!!
Mandy said…
Your baby bump is so cute! And that pie looks incredible.
Melissa said…
I am so jealous of you cute you are pregnant! Wish I had as cute of a bump as you do :)

The pie looks so tasty!
jen said…
Look at your cute pregnant self! Lucky!
And save some pie for me!
Christy said…
I just found your blog & love reading it!! Keep on posting:) By the way you are a beautiful lady in waiting.
larainydays said…
A trip to Walmart always provides the unexpected, whether it is a purchase, an encounter or a sight that makes you ponder the evolution of man. ;)
Unknown said…
what a cute little bump!! and I always forget SOMETHING at the store. I HAVE to make lists or I'll just forget everything! lol
Carey said…
That is one adorable tummy!!! I do that thing at the store way too often! My trick that helps somewhat is I count on my fingers....I need three things! Each finger is something. I do it before I leave the house and most of the time in the store I remember. Of course, pregnancy brain is in full force right now so a list is a must :)
Speaking of pregnancy brain, I looked down at lunch today and realized my shirt was on inside out! What?! I just had to laugh!
Annie said…
That pie looks delish...and your belly looks fab! Sounds like you are going to have an early riser on your hands! Hopefully that changes :)

I CANNOT go shopping without a list...and even when I have a list sometimes I come home without items that I had written down!! Right now, I blame in on the prego-brain!!
Stephanie said…
Wow! You look incredible!!
That pie looks so good - it includes my 2 favorite things! :)
And I do the same thing when I go to the store! Drives me nuts!
Your bump is just precious!
And OH MY OH MY that pie looks to die for!! YUM. Enjoy your dinner with your fam. It sounds like it will be a good one. :)
Unknown said…
You look fabulous!!
A style blog said…
So have I told you yet how cute you look pregnant?

PS- That pie looks insanely delicious!
LeAnna said…
I do that when shopping too. SUCH a joy kill, haha! You look great!
Shannon said…
Bwhaha! Learning to break dance...girl you so crazy! You look so darn adorable! Gives me bay-bah FEVER!
Anonymous said…
Oh boy...that pie sounds absolutely incredibly DELICIOUS!! :)

Cute, adorable belly pic!!!

oxox-Camille
Cheyenne said…
Just bookmarked that meatloaf recipe. I love em when they are tried & true. You look fantastic-hope that little bub starts sleeping when you do! :)

Popular Posts