Hey Pregnancy Weight Tracker....BITE ME

IT'S OCTOBER 1st PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO many thanks to Annie at Our Little Family...(kisses friend) and fellow pregnant blogger pal for blogging how she looked at the pregnancy weight tracker on that stupid baby site ...I decided I'd check it out and see what it said...

Boy if the computers had ears mine would have gotten an earful.

It asks for your pre-pregnancy weight...ur height....current weight and how many weeks you are. Then it proceeds to tell you how fat you are. Ok it doesn't say

"Hey fatty....back off the triscuits" But it told me I was Obese and could only gain a max of 7 more lbs! WELL BITE ME

I have 18 weeks to go and I can assure you I won't be able to keep it under 7! Bite Me again!

I had my midwife check up yesterday and informed her of my anger. She told me not to worry....I was feeling fine and gaining at a good rate and not to worry! Deep sigh. I mean I know not ever girl likes to see the scales rising each week.....but we're growing people man and weight gain is bound to happen.

I AM one of the many that keep maternity blub on after baby. I exclusively nurse the first 6 months and don't eat more than normal...but I seem to keep the weight on a bit longer. Some women nurse and the weight melts off in minutes! Not me! My boobs and Dolly's look the same....and my belly doesn't shrink back like most...but it gets there near 8-12m later! haha

I cut out soda pop....I cut out sweets EXCEPT FOR WED WHEN THE INLAWS COME FOR DINNER...(ok ok and for lily's bday..I did have cupcakes)

I have done a great job cutting back but still my body LOVES to gain! Grow baby Reid grow!

Miss Lil and I have been fun getting ready for Fall. I think if we can keep up spirit the weather will keep all day long. The mornings have been sooo lovely! I wish it stayed that way ! Just a matter of time now!

Today on the baking menu....can you smell my kitchen...the wonderful smells coming from it??

Another one of Ree's recipes.....

Streusel-Topped Pumpkin Bread



A moist and dense pumpkin bread perfect for a cup of coffee on a cold fall morning but delectable enough to make the dessert table.


* Prep Time 20 Minutes
* Cook Time 1 Hour15 Minutes

Ingredients

* ¾ cups Butter, Softened
* ¾ cups Granulated Sugar
* ¾ cups Dark Brown Sugar
* 1 teaspoon Vanilla
* 4 whole Eggs
* 2-½ cups Pumpkin Puree
* 3 cups All-purpose Flour
* 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
* ¾ teaspoons Baking Soda
* 1 teaspoon Salt
* 1-½ teaspoon Cinnamon
* ¼ teaspoons Ground Ginger
* ¼ teaspoons Allspice
* ¼ teaspoons Grated Nutmeg
* ⅛ teaspoons Cardamom
* ½ cups Buttermilk
* _____
* FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING:
* ¼ cups Butter, Softened
* ½ cups Brown Sugar
* ¼ cups Oatmeal
* ¼ cups All-purpose Flour
* 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
* 3 Tablespoons Ground Flax Seed
* ¼ cups Chopped Pecans (optional)

Preparation Instructions

Preheat your oven to 350º F. Grease and flour the bottom of two 8″ loaf pans. To make the topping, mix together all the topping ingredients using a fork or pastry cutter until combined thoroughly.

In a large bowl or mixer, cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add vanilla and eggs and mix until incorporated. Stir in pumpkin puree.

In a separate bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice, nutmeg and cardamom. Whisk together until no lumps remain. Add half of the flour mix to the pumpkin mix, blending well. Beat in buttermilk. Add remaining flour mix and beat lightly until smooth.

Pour batter evenly into the two prepared 8″ pans. Cover each with half of the topping mix. Bake at 350º F for 70-80 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Slice and enjoy.

Happy Football weekend...GO COWBOYS...and all the other players on our Fantasy Football team! Love me some Sundays!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Caitrin said…
You have NOTHING to worry about with the weight gain- you look great!! And I just saw the pics from Lily's birthday party- the party was adorable and I LOVED her outfit that you ordered (even if she didnt wear it). You are so creative with all the party stuff- I may need you to help me when I start having to put birthday parties together........
Amber said…
That pumpkin streusel bread looks delicious! I might have to make some tomorrow.
You're growing a baby! Of course you'll be gaining weight!! I think you look great! :)
Neely said…
YOU LOOK AMAZING!
Brittany Blogs said…
OBESE?! If you're obese, then I am...well, nevermind. That is absurd...you look great! That website is absolutely ridiculous.
New Mommy!!! said…
You look great, Mama!! Nothing to worry about. Since when does anyone fit perfectly into the box that society has created for us?

You just keep on being you and doing what you do. Ok, that's cheesy, but true.

Everyone's body is different. I think these girls that get pregnant but don't gain any weight are starvign their child. How can they do that. Bc of their own insecurities and vanity, they starve their children. Ugh, it;s so selfish. You eat all you want. Pints of Haggen Daaz, bags of potato chips, barbecue, whatever you want. Whatever makes that little love happy.

Love ya lots. Have a great weekend. Yeah Fall!
jen said…
You haven't let me down yet, Chef. On my try list for this weekend.
Now if we could just get a crisp morning.
And screw the scale.
I said that really loud, could ya tell?
Stephanie said…
Oh try not to worry (I know easy to say) Baby #1 I was so careful about what I ate...even cut out OJ b/c of the sugar in it. Got good and fat. Baby #2 ate whatever fell in front of me PLUS all the ice cream I could get my hands on and gained the exact same amount of weight. Both times had beautiful healthy kids and the weight came right back off.
Trust that you are feeding that babe everything needed and treat yourself too...you deerve it!
Annie said…
aaaaaaaahahahha!! Thanks for the shout out girl!! That site SUCKS!! It has to be WAY off.....b/c we are both FAR from obese....we're pretty cute if you ask me :)

I guess we should make a pact to just not worry about our weight until our pumpkins are born...and then maybe we can talk weight loss afterwards!!

This growing girl in my belly is HUNGRY...and begging me to eat....I can't deny the little princess. And Reid is a growing boy, he needs his treats!
:) xoxo
Angie said…
Girl....I would have thrown a shoe at the moniter...blah on that. Eat drink and enjoy your pregnancy. Pregnant ladies need not diet.

And ummm...that pumpkin bread should be against the LAW!! Wowza...I had to wipe the drool from my lip.

I about cracked up when I saw your top sentance was in orange too, like mine...ha!! We are so alike!
mountain mama said…
great blog, just hopped on over from another blog.
i too am a southern Jesus lovin' natural mama...with three monkeys.
congrats on the bun in the oven!

i'm your newest follower, have a great weekend!! :)
carissa said…
good for you to put that tracker in its place! geesh! you look beautiful and i'm glad you are being realistic. i'm the same way... i eat normally, probably more fruit and veggies than usual, while nursing and work out like a fiend... the weight slowly trickles off. i know some gals that eat a ton and don't exercise and the weight falls off; i've just come to terms with the fact that that is not me! it's all for a good cause! : )
Oh my.... I though you looked great in that last picture you posted!! You should eat what you want to!!
Morgan said…
Ha!! I never watched my weight while pregnant, that's asburd! You eat well so the baby can grow nicely. You'll do fine, as you have the 4 previous times. And you always bounce right back, no worries :o)
Shannon said…
You do look amazing and I have to say your post had me cracking up! I never ever worried about the # on the scale while I was pregnant and for the first time in my life, didn't care either! It'll all come of eventually afterward, like I'm sure you know with your own basketball team of kiddos at home already! Just enjoy it, Laura!

Popular Posts