From Babies to Cookies...My kind of day!

October 2009
A little flashback from last October 5th! Awww I want to shrink her back to this size!!!

My baby bedding came in the mail yesterday! I couldn't stand it and ran to iron and hang the valance and little sign I scored at a garage sale!! (sneak peak)

I love love love it! I was thinking of adding some denin panel curtains behind the valance....but didn't realize how hard they are to find. I'd sew them myself, but denim seemed a bit pricey and seemed cheaper to buy! Any ideas of where to find denim panels?

I'm gonna head to the hardware store for some
to put on the whole wall behind the crib. I thought I would decorate it w/a lasso rope and some other cute westerny (my word) knick knacks! Not a bad deal....8ft for $25

I thought the rope w/hat idea was cute....
OK ON TO SOME FALL BAKING!!! (random)

Last year I hosted a Southern Living Party and I baked these cookies for it. They turned out better than I thought and have thought about them all year. Today is the perfect day to bake them again! The flavors are incredible! I suggest you run out today and get the ingredients! You will not be disappointed!

Molasses Pie Sandies
(click the recipe to enlarge)
Have a great Tuesday!









Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Sarah Ann said…
such great ideas... I'm going to have to try that recipe!!
Annie said…
The western nursery is going to be SO cute!! I cant wait to see it when it all comes together. Love the lasso/hat wall decoration....it will be so cute :)
New Mommy!!! said…
Eeek, so excited the beddign came. The valance ans sign look Fab! Love how the room is coming together. I am super excited, and can't wait to see everything! It will be so cute!

Love that pic of Lils. That outfit is tu tu cute! Love it!
melifaif said…
I am loving the room design idea. The rope, so cute! As far as teh denim panels go...I have seen people use drop cloths. They have finished edges and are really inexpensive. Bare with me...I know you are thinking - THOSE ARE NOT DENIM - and then try dying them with RIT? Google it...I think it would work well. Good luck...
Shannon said…
My idea or denium would be to go buy some jeans from Goodwill and use them to make panels. I would be a one of a kind curtain!
Angie said…
The wall hat idea is so stinkin' cute! love it! and yum on the cookies. Send some on over {wink}
Jumping Jack said…
The rooms is looking so cute!! I bought denim at Wal-Mart yesterday. I think it was $5-7 for 2 yards, so you might try there.

LOVE the Halloween picture! I wish I could shrink my little one back to Halloween last year too!
Shannon said…
The baby's room is going to be so precious and that pic of your lil' sweetness, well, that's just too adorable! Cutest pumpkin in the patch! Gotta find some orange and black leggings for GG. I'll get your Snikiddy snacks in the mail soon. Would've done it sooner, but you know how it is...Take care!
The ideas you have for the nursery are adorable! I love the sign you found! I can't wait for the finished product!!

I will also have to make those cookies, they sound fantastic!
LeAnna said…
Love your nursery theme, tooo cute! The picket fence idea is brilliant!
I love what you are doing with your baby room!! Very cute!!

Oh and those cookies... I will be making them!

Popular Posts