Blogger Girl Meet Up and The Cops Were Called...


Neely over at Chronicles of Neely.....tried putting together a blog meet for some of the girls that live in the North Dallas side....(anyone really) ...only 4 us could make it.....Taylor, Kelsey, and me....and of course Neely

Now I hadn't planned on bringing kids....(yes aly I know it was a grown up meeting) but first I was going to have to ...then hubs said he's be able to watch her....then Tay said she was bringing Lil Miss...so I decided to bring Lily for her....SHE DIDN'T END UP BRINGING LIL MISS...(yes I still want to spank you tk)

Luckily I brought Mini Me hoping that she would contain Lily long enough for me to visit. Lily was good ohhhhh for the first 10 mins while she ate her yogurt. Then her burst of energy kicked in. Which didn't make for a good visit. I think I caught about half the conversations and looked like a nut in the process...I hope the girls don't hold it against me on first impression.......but the story gets better!

Finally, I really Lily had had enough and I told the girls I was going to have to leave.

I said I'll be right back....I took Kate (who is almost 10) and Lily to the car (which was parked right out the windows) DID I MENTION IT WAS POURING RAIN???!

Turned the engine on...strapped Lily in..turned on Wonder Pets for Lily to watch....locked the doors and told Kate I would be back in 2 shakes...after we took our picture together and I got my purse. And that is exactly what we did.

We found some poor dude to take our picture....gathered our stuff (keeping in mind I'm in view of my car) and we go outside and stand under the awning in the rain saying goodbye....

That's when I notice a cop car pull up behind my car. I wave to the cop and head over there...He gets out and starts looking in my back window. I ask him what the problem is....He said he got a disturbance call that kids were left in a car.

OK WHAT??????????????????????? WHO COULD HAVE CALLED? I WASN'T REALLY GONE AND I WAS STANDING RIGHT THERE? HELLO KATE IS 4TH GRADE AND 10 FOR PETE'S SAKE.

I told the officer I understood he was only doing his job, but the engine was running (it was in the 50's w/pouring rain outside) that I ran in to say goodbye to my friends and didn't want the kids standing in the rain. In fact I told him he saw me standing there on the porch.

He said that b/c Kate was old enough and the temps outside were cool that it was ok...but not to do it again.

Ok first...I'm a great mom! One thing I take pride in is caring for my kids and there isn't anything I wouldn't do to make sure they are safe at all times.....so to the person who called the cops on me and then watched me standing there....

SHAME ON YOU!

how dare you! I get that if I was reckless and left them and went to the movies, but come on! I was standing there saying goodbye to ppl. Shame that you have nothing better to do w/ur time.

(ok I'm finished now)

I'd like a do over w/the girls so I can sit and visit....when's the next one?

As for the rest of the weekend? It was quick and hot after that!

Yesterday I baked....

Bacon, Egg, and Toast Cups

Ingredients


  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 8 slices white or whole-wheat sandwich bread
  • 6 slices bacon
  • 6 large eggs
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter 6 standard muffin cups. With a rolling pin, flatten bread slices slightly and, with a 4 1/4-inch cookie cutter, cut into 8 rounds. Cut each round in half, then press 2 halves into each muffin cup, overlapping slightly and making sure bread comes up to edge of cup. Use extra bread to patch any gaps. Brush bread with remaining butter.
  2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium, until almost crisp, 4 minutes, flipping once. (It will continue to cook in the oven.) Lay 1 bacon slice in each bread cup and crack an egg over each. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until egg whites are just set, 20 to 25 minutes. Run a small knife around cups to loosen toasts. Serve immediately.
  3. Standard muffin pans come in 6- or 12-cup size; if baking 6 items in a 12-cup pan, leave empty space in between. Nonstick pans are nice but not essential. Beware of very thin pans, which often lead to burning. Place pans on a baking sheet to make them easier to get in and out of the oven.

We changed it up a bit...I used French Bread w/the crust on.....just sliced and flattened and cut in half to overlap in muffin cups. I also added some shredded cheddar cheese on top when baking! I baked them a bit longer to make the eggs not runny (not sure the kids would have eaten them otherwise) TURNED OUT PERFECT. HUBS WENT IN FOR SECONDS.

Even child #2 had leftovers for breakfast this morning before school. Now I'm def making these again next weekend....they kept asking when we were having them again! WOOHOO



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Hahaha! Thanks for calling me out!

Glad y'all had fun!! I want to come to the next one! :)

And the 'Mom of the Year' goes to ..... LAURA!!! I kid, you are an AWESOME Mom! I will strive to be just a little ounce of how good you are ... someday when I am married and have babies!
Neely said…
I cant believe that happened! And I was there but still cant believe it. Yes I say we do another one asap :)
Brittany Blogs said…
That is ridiculous! There are actually bad parents all over the place and someone call the cops on YOU?! Absolutely ridiculous.
Caroline said…
I cannot believe someone called that in. Crazy! People are insane. You are a GREAT mom!! Love y'all's meet up! And those cups looks AMAZING!!!! My mouth is watering!
Lauren Frank said…
This is too funny...only you would get the cops called on you...lol! Anyways, small world...I was looking at your picture, and I went to high school with Kelsey and her husband, TJ. They are a few years younger than me, but TJ's brother actually graduated the same year I did...crazy! That's too funny that you know her! Hope you are doing good and little one is growing nicely. We need to get together soon.
haha wow what a story! people are crazy.. but sounds like besides that you had a great visit! how fun! i want to do that with some of the pittsburgh/pa bloggers. ps that recipe looks amazing.. my husband would love it.
Ashley said…
Laura! I feel like such a doofus for totally leaving you out of the comment! I don't 'know' you in blog land yet, but I want to! In real life too! I'm definitely going to try to make it to Dallas the next time yall get together. OKC's not too far from Dallas! Hope you have a great day! :)
I Do Declare said…
ooh - that recipe looks SO good!
A style blog said…
That's insane! There has been a lot of problems here in FL with people leaving thier kids in the car. Things have gotten so bad here I worry about even leaving the baby in the car..while pumping gas. No joke.
Angie said…
No WAY someone called the cops. I was thinking it was b/c you girls got out of hand...ha! Not b/c of kids in car....that is sooooo ridiculous!!!!!

And those b-fast cups looks so good!!!
Sam said…
So awesome that you ladies got to meet!

And oh my gosh!!! I cannot believe someone called the cops! Seriously?? Jerk!
I hardly ever comment *sorry*, but this now just pushed me to it...who in the world has enough time to observe and then call the police?! Bored neighbors I'm sure. Jealous ones too. So sorry. People are just ridiculously weird these day. :(
Love that breakfast cups! I have to make them like tomorrow for my son. They are the perfect mix of ingredients in a fun shape! Sounds like a fun time at the blogger girl meet up! Crazy about the police!
XOXO Jessica
Annie said…
1. I wish that I could have been at the meet-up....but that would have been a lon trip for me...
2. WHAT?!?! Someone called the cops?? Seriously?? That is CRAZY....thankfully the cop was somewhat understanding......
--what the heck though?!?!
hey I was only going to bring her because Ben was busy but then he wasnt busy! Plus you said you werent bringing your girls! ha!
I can't believe someone called the cops on you when you were standing right there! There are some rude people out there! I think your a fabulous mom!

I will definitely have to try the breakfast cups you made, it sounds delicious!

Have a fabulous week :)
Unknown said…
wow, having the cops called was just ridiculous. I can tell from your posts that you do that you can for your kids. I can't believe someone called the cops
I am making those bacon egg and toast cups! they look to die for!! YUMM!
Stef said…
Oh my gosh! It was probably some grandma who has forgotten what it is like to be a mom. THat or some brat who doesn't have children and has nothing better to do than to judge people. Either way, I would have done the same thing!
Stephanie said…
I can not believe someone called the cops on that! Silly!
Oh, and I just printed off that egg recipe. Looks delish:)
Christi Crow said…
Wow! That's unbelievable! Not to mention I would have been so embarassed! lol :) The recipe looks great! Can't wait to try it!
New Mommy!!! said…
Aww looks like you guys had so much fun! That's too funny that you brought Lils thinking Tay was bringing Rals and then she didn't, ha!

I know people are crazy! I mean your older daughter was in the car, how ridiculous! That kind of thing has been going on where I live to. A Lot of people have been reporting that, and it's illegal here or something, even if you're right inside the door.

But, if your older daughter was in the car, what was that person's problem. Ridiculous. I know you're an EXCELLENT mother, and you woudl never do anything to put your children's lives in danger.

For goodness sake, you should tell him you still breastfeed! I don't know a better, more devoted mother. And you didn;t want to leave her at home you love her so much even when you're supposed to be out with the girls!

Umm.. that recipe looks fabulous! How do you afford all these recipes and where do you find the time?! To die for!
Shannon said…
Umm...the cops really? Delish looking recipe, as usual. I think it's all your fault that I've now put myself on a diet! Haha! So fun that you got to meet up with all those great gals! How fun would that be!?

Popular Posts