Rubber Frogs and Giant Balls....

My day starts around ...ohhhh when hubs alarm goes off. He's a snoozer....he sets the alarm for 5:15 and snoozes for over a hour. Me? Once it goes off I'm up. Trust me this has been a thorn in my side since we got married. I have never ever been a snoozer. So I've had to train myself to ignore it and block it out. Some days it works....while pregnant? Not so much. The alarm tells my bladder that once again it needs to go. Bladders and pregnancy are not things you can block out! :o)

Then I lay there until 6:45 when I hear oldest child's alarm go off in the next room....only to hear Mini Me's alarm go off at 6:51 (don't ask...she's like her momma) down the hall. So I'm officially up! I try and sneak out so little demon doesn't hear me, but this morning she got up with me. Not sure why...the little stinker was running wild until 10:30pm last night! (I require sleep...obviously someone in our family doesn't and she picked up their horrible trait)

I get 3 different kids out the door at 3 different times and then head home for a little breakfast/coffee time w/baby girl.

This morning I was really excited b/c I picked up a new creamer yesterday at the store. Sugar and Spice. I had the usual in the fridge already....(peppermint mocha and Italian Sweet Cream)
Got little girl's and my cinnamon toast ready ....and proceeded to pour my new sugar and spice creamer into the coffee....WHOA GAG ME .....NASTY NASTY. I have no earthly idea what that flavor is, but I'll tell you it isn't any sugar or spice I've ever had. It's like someone poured Pepto Bismol in my coffee! Whew....don't waste your money!

So...here is how I spend my mornings.....with a sweet little friend!
Today she decided to bring a few more friends to the table. She is addicted to rubber frogs lately?!!! Literally they have to go everywhere with us. Yard play...running errands....bathtime...mealtime....She's a hoot w/them!
Yes and giant marbles....don't panic....I'm with her and she's pretty good about not sticking stuff in her mouth. Besides...we are pretending they are frog food!

How do you spend your mornings?



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Expat Girl said…
One thing I can say this deployment has brought is peaceful mornings- the constant need to press snooze by my husband drives me insaneeeeee!
I don't spend my mornings like that! Haha!

I get up, watch the news, let the dog out, shower, out the door- all by 7am :)
Caroline said…
So cute!!! My hubby snoozes too and it drives me insane. I have to get up when it goes off. Sorry your new creamer was terrible!
Drew's Mom said…
Can't believe you're not a snoozer.. I thought everyone was..lol Thanks for the heads up on the creamer!
melifaif said…
I spend my morning trying to come up with fun blog titles like, Rubber Frogs and Giant Balls! LOL.
Shannon said…
This is cracking me up, Bret does the same darn thing...alarm goes off for him and he hits snooze! I never never NEVER did this when I was working. I've mentioned it in the past but it's just the way it is, I suppose! Urgh!

Love that Lily brought frogs and balls to breakfast...Gillian would love her as she's currently obsessed with balls (I know---it doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean---bouncy balls!).

Sorry your creamer was the pits, better luck next time, friend!
Leslie said…
sweet little morning routine. my husband is a huge snozzer and it drives me crazy too. i am up as soon as the alarm first goes off.
LeAnna said…
I'm a snoozer, my Hubby is not. He starts tossing and turning around 4:30 most mornings (depending on how stressed he is and what jobs he has going) and I'm one that will sleep until 8 if given the chance! Thankfully no alarm clocks are needed, Hubby's internal clock never wakes up after 6:30, lol!
Neely said…
I love hearing about people mornings mine are spent working out and rushing to class...not as fun
Angie said…
I spend my morning pretty much the same way...minus the alarm clock. Layla never lets us sleep past 6:45am. She is up with the chickens without an alarm clock EVERY DAY! Yuck.

Hayden and I watch Micky Mouse and eat our breakfast and then we head outside to play whatever sport he is liking that day!

The balls and frogs are too cute. Hayden is obsessed with a flashlight lately. He carries it everywhere with us.
Christy said…
Love reading your posts:) You have wonderful taste in your creamer!!

Popular Posts