Add This to Your Christmas List..............


No, I'm not potty training...not yet anyways. From my past experience w/my older 3 ...I didn't push it...then one day by the time they were 3 they woke up and were potty trained...day...poo...night...it all! boom! Seemed too easy I guess.

Enter Lily....she is unlike the other 3 and has new chapters in my parenting book of Lily! I thought though that since she has started to show an interest in the potty and likes to sit on it whenever one of us goes in to 'potty', that it was time to get a chair.

I put it in the downstairs bathroom and told her what it was and that's it. She put a book in there next to it. (copies the adults haha) The other night she brought the potty into the living room w/it on her head like a hat. She kept saying "TT Hat TT Hat" HAHA...ummmm no!

I did venture out and bought her some Gerber Training Pants. I love the thick cotton feel of these.....(my big kids used them to train) I'm not and never have been a fan of pullups....either do it right or not at all! She wanted her big girl panties on today, but only to wear....so I waited a hour or so an panicked and put her back in a diaper. She isn't ready.....not yet!

On to something really fun though....


Laurie Berkner....do you know who she is? Well love love love her! SO does Miss Lil! Think preschool teacher w/a guitar having music time! I was so glad that she has a dvds out. If not I was going to write her and tell her I needed one asap!

She has a collection of fun silly songs that has Lily moving to the beat. Here is a video I took about a month ago of Wild Child when she first watched Laurie!

Finally I bought the dvd and wild thang sings and jumps and spins and acts out all the songs! Def worth the $13! You should put it on your child's Christmas List. The "Let's hear it for the Laurie Berkner Band" is our favorite one!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Keli said…
I just had to giggle at that video. It was way too cute!
melifaif said…
Lils is just so stinkin cute, I can hardly stand it! And I am happy to see that my 3 yr old is NOT the only one who likes to stand one foot from the t.v. Ha! I love how attentive she is. So sweet. Her legs? Could eat them up!!!
That video was so cute. She really got into it. Loved it!
And the potty pic. HAHA! She'll love you for that one some day :)

I'm glad you guys are doing good and Miss Lilly sounds like she is just to much fun, even if she is a little different than the others :)
Neely said…
I think Lily is pretty fabulous
Ashley said…
Aww, she's cute! I loooooove Laurie Berkner! I played her CDs for my kiddos when I worked in a preschool. My two year olds went crazy for her!
Annie said…
ha!! that is just too cute!!! and i love the first picture!!
jen said…
What I love about toddlers is that they are fully aware you're videoing and they don't start showing off or being crazy. So cute! Definitely adding to a list.
Shannon said…
How cute is she? So reminds me of GG, our girls just have a beat in their feet don't they? I like Laurie's catchy tunes too...heard her on Nick Jr. a few times! What a big girl Lily is...that is quite a big step! Hope to have GG potty trained easily too. Like Lily she already sits on the potty before baths and whatnot, with our help of course! Happy weekend and have fun with all the kiddos for Halloween!
Sam said…
Ok, each video you post is cuter than the previous.. love them! This was the sweetest thing, Lilly is soooo adorable!
Lori said…
How cute! Lily is just adorable :) Hope you are doing well mama!
Angie said…
I love Laurie Berkner, maybe more than the kids :)
sooooo cute! my sophia is the same way with a good jam on tv ;) i must get this dvd!! :) i've seen her before on jack's big music show. very cute.

Popular Posts