Toot'n In Your Sleep.....

I woke up this morning to rapid butt fire on my leg. I realized it was wild child's body pressed up against mine and smiled to myself. "AWWWW CUTE......she's toot'n in her sleep"

Then it struck me...... why is it that when our babies toot on us it's cute, but heaven forbid if our spouse did it, it would totally gross us out and we'd probably kick him out of bed? haha

So that is how I woke up this morning...Lily toot'n on my back and Reid kicking away at all my organs. Fine by me...I always like confirmation that he's still happy and healthy inside there...kick away my boy!

Heads up on the Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake....I thought it was fair. Good...but not something I'm ready to make again in the next few weeks. My kids loved it.....they polished it off last night after dinner and asked for more.

Speaking of dinner....

I found this recipe for Baked Potato Soup in a Sept 2010 issue of Family Circle. It looked quick and easy and yummy! Then again I love anything that requires a Crock Pot. I base how well a recipe does in our house by a few things

1. Hubs goes in for more (he's hard to please sometimes)
2. Kids go in for more
3. Kids ask for it again next week
4. I have zero leftovers
5. Ease of recipe

This met all of these....so here ya go

Baked Potato Soup
Ingredients
  • 3-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
  • 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
  • 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1/3 cup half-and-half
  • 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream, plus additional for garnish
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
  • 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

Directions

Combine potatoes, red pepper and broccoli in slow cooker bowl. Pour broth over top; cover and cook 3 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW or until potatoes are tender.

In a small bowl, stir together half-and-half, 1/3 cup sour cream, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Remove cover and mash potatoes slightly. Stir in half-and-half mixture and scallions. Spoon soup into bowls.

Divide bacon among bowls and dollop each with sour cream. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, if desired.


Today my mom and I are headed back to Target to get the Owl Bedding for Lily's bed
We already bought this pillow to match
I thought this would match a camping theme for Reid's side of the room when they start sharing a room. We are huge hedgehog fans in this house and I couldn't help myself when I saw the Hedgie's on the comforter! haha

I'd kill for the matching big floor pillow...but mom's buying so I don't want to beg for everything!
PS...as for toot'n in bed...you know we all do it in our sleep......(wink)
PSS....I'm totally addicted to those Sweet Crisps from Corner Bakery....I think I polished off the package in one day! ugh!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Annie said…
aw, isn't that adorable...waking up too toots and kicks ;)
i love potato soup and it seems like i try a different recipe every time i make it so i must try this one! the picture look delicious!
the bedding for lily is SO CUTE!! i love it, esp the owl pillow!

have a great weekend with the family! :)
Shannon said…
I just love baked potato soup! I always order it from our local deli whenever it's on the menu. Mom has a recipe but cooks from memory which sadly I'm just not good enough to copy...a little of this, pinch of that, doesn't work for me!

Lily's new bedding is adorable! Have fun at Target, my fav store for sure!

About the toots...you're right too cute when our littles do it but Lord the looks we give each other when an adult lets one fly!

Tootles, hehe, you know instead of Toodles!? Anyway, it's Friday and I'm giddy with excitement for the weekend. Have a good one, friend!
Ashley said…
Oh my goodness Laura, that bedding is adorable. I am most definitely making that soup this weekend, I can't wait. Thanks for another delicious recipe.

Tooter. :)
I love the owl bedding. So cute.

And ha ha, the tooting miss Lily. Your so right though, my son toots and its cute. My husband does and he gets a stare down that would scare anybody. I guess its because our kids are so cute and little. When they get big it won't be so sweet anymore.
Angie said…
1. Yummy soup...a must try in this house for sure.

2. Cute Owl bedding...I love it!

3. Toots in bed? I think that is so stinkin' funny...no pun intended!
Unknown said…
That is so funny thinking about your little one tooting on you! ha! You're right, it's only cute when they do it! And thank you so much for the baked potato soup recipe! I am always looking for a good recipe for that!!
Baked Potato soup is big hit in our house too!! That tootin's cute now for sure...I laugh everytime LB nonchalantly toots and then goes right about her business. The girl owns her toots!
Julie said…
Yummo..that soup looks so good! I absolutely loved that bedding at Target!! So cute!

And as for the tootin'!! Well, my hubs has woken me up with some
NAS-TAY smelling toots. Just sayin'. Maybe I should kick him out of the bed. he he
Neely said…
HAHAHA oh silly lily :)
Stef said…
Ha, that is awesome. I am so used to toots happening around, near and on me because of my boys that I don't think about it anymore. Except when my boys walk up to me and toot in my face. I do have to draw a line somewhere. That soup looks delicious. I love your recipes. I use them all the time! My family thanks you!
I LOVE the owl bedding!! I have a HUGE owl obsession! I saw that owl pillow at Target and thought it was adorable, I almost bought it!

This time is the perfect time for Potato Soup! I had some the other day at McAllister's Deli and mom also made some last week! Yum!
Tifani said…
Thank you so much for this recipe. It looks like a real hit. I'm giving this one to my son to try as he learns to cook.

Oh, and my youngest has that exact bedding. We love it! The matching wall clings have been a big hit.

Popular Posts