Bellies and Beer

I missed last weeks photo!.....


25 weeks down and 15 to go! Seems like this is zooming by!
I bought the denim fabric this week and will start on the panels next week...so stay tuned for more curtain photos.

Here is one of the bedding put in the crib!
This week my mom and I are heading to the hardware store for some picket fence to put behind the crib. Now I just need to find someone to sew me a denim and bandana toy bag for the wall behind the crib. (I thought a little horsey hanging out over the bag would be cute too)

Soon...I'll buy the material for the lampshade and glider cushions to recover those....stay tuned!

My dear friends Tara and Taylor are throwing me a baby shower in the end of November! I'm sooooo blessed with such great friends and can't wait to finally get to meet and show baby Reid off to the world!!!

But for now...I just have to get through the next 15 weeks. Thankfully my mom is in town to visit and we have done nothing but laugh non stop! She's a hoot and good for the soul!

Today the inlaws are coming over for dinner and I'm making my Play Off Chili again. It's quick and easy and ohhhhhh so good for a crowd! But....it calls for a 12oz can of beer. Well I'm too embarrassed to buy it myself being hugely pregnant, so I made my mom get it while I was pumping gas today! She was sooo embarrassed too! She doesn't drink and felt weird I guess...But funnier yet...they don't sell it by the 12oz can....only 24 or bigger. Haha She walked out w/this huge can laughing so hard. I was wondering what was up! I said better you than me! haha

Dessert is going to be off the chart!

Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake

Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 (12-oz.) package semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
  • Garnishes: whipped cream, cherries

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 3 ingredients in a small bowl, using a fork. Sprinkle in a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan.

2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.

3. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer 3 to 5 minutes or until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition, stopping to scrape bowl as needed. Beat in chocolate mini-morsels. (Mixture will be thick.) Spoon batter into prepared pan.

4. Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour). Garnish, if desired.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Shannon said…
Is it me or did you grow over the one week between 24 and 25?! You look so darn adorable, Laura! Your baby shower is going to be so fun! I didn't realize you had baby showers after your first...so much to look forward to! That dessert looks scrumptious as usual. Your inlaws are going to leave very happy (and stuffed!).
WOW!! You look wonderful! :) Reid is a brewin' in there!!!

Can't wait to see the nursery all done - it is going to look wonderful!
Christi Crow said…
You look so great! And the bedding is adorable!
I Do Declare said…
You look super cute! Reid is such a nice name, too!
Kristen said…
Lookin' great. I love the nursery theme, it is too cute!
Lily Dawn said…
Sweet! Love, love, love the name Reid =) I cracked up about the beer thing- that is hilarious- I wouldn't have been able to do it pregnant either! ;)
Annie said…
love that bump!! you are so cute!!!
the nursery is going to look adorable! can't wait to see it finished!
that cake looks delicious, now i have a major craving for a giant slice of cake, thanks ;)
Caitrin said…
Love the bedding for the crib! I cant wait to see more pictures of the nursery when its all finished!
Paige said…
I love the name Reid and the bedding is to die for! Not to mention, that desert looks delish!
I am your newest follower from West Sac Honey!

That bundt cake looks AMAZING!
Lori said…
You grew a lot from 24-25 weeks! you look adorable :)

Can't wait to see pictures from your shower!
Aww your little belly is too cute I love it! The room is too cute!
carissa said…
you are such a gorgeous baby mama! pregnancy looks good on you. : )

we have the same dining room table! love it.

the bedding is presh. it looks absolutely adorable.
okay R just saw your belly pics and started screaming "RA RA" and she hasnt even seen Lils pictures yet...how weird is it that she recognizes your belly and dining room table ha!
Kelsey Claire said…
I love that I met you before I have ever read your blog! It was nice to meet you today and your girls at yogurt!

Popular Posts