Morning Glory...make My Labor Sweet!

Partial Menu as I am letting Mini Me decide on Thursday and Friday...I think she wants Homemade Fettuccine Alfredo and Little Smokies...I told her I'd talk to the Chef first! :o)

Monday we made use of some meat we cooked on Saturday.....So we came up w/Pot Roast Quesadillas and boy did they rock last night...even Little Demon ate all of hers!

Tonight...request from the house.....my pizza

Wed...that's my choice...I've been craving red beans and rice w/sausage. Hubs is irritated because I won't do them cajun style...sorry babe, I'm looking for simple flavors...(esp so they don't burn when I'm hitting the hay at night...whew...Tums are my friend again)

I've made 4 batches of Morning Glory muffins...as soon as I find the perfect recipe I'll post. I'm combining 2 recipes today to see how it turns out.....one of the batches I tried a few days ago was too sweet...thought I'd use applesauce instead of oil...now I've done this before, but all I had was Granny Smith flavor applesauce....HMMMM I think that is why it was too sweet...w/the brown sugar and honey in them....

Today's should be good...no honey...no applesauce....

Reason I'm desperate for Morning Glory Muffins?

When I was in labor w/Little Demon back in Sept 08 my water broke at 4am....having contractions every 9-12 mins or so...I got showered....and got the kids off to school (TMI, but Depends work great when you're leaking amniotic fluid and still running around taking care of kids) I called my midwife by 7:ish and headed in to be checked by 9am (told her I had to get kids off and so would it be ok to push the time later...haha)
I was only a 1 dilated...no shocker there...I'm never dilating....so she said to head home...eat some breakfast...pack my bags and come back by 11 or 11:30 ish....

Hubs and I headed to this local bakery on the way home....I'd been dying to stop there and try some stuff...he went in and I stayed in the car. He took forever and my contractions were speeding up...I could no longer sit still and was quite uncomfortable...by the time he came out I was in no mood to eat.
For the record...women in labor can eat and drink....just remember that what you eat might come up so choose wisely! haha

We got home w/a boxful of pastries....some of which were the Morning Glory Muffins...or their version. I had a little bite.....but realized we shouldn't stay at home too long...I was unable to chat w/hubs comfortably. Made it back to the birthing center by 11:30...and Popped Miss Lily out by 1:11 haha....I guess that was like drive thru birthing! We were home just in time to see the kids when they came home from school! I couldn't have planned that any better...(yes when birthing at birthing centers you can be home within 2 hrs baring no complications)

Those muffins are all I think about and my mom got me a dozen the week after having Lily...I froze them and enjoyed 1 a day for 2 weeks....sadly I noticed that place is out of business and my heart broke!

So I'm determined to find a recipe to match it and make Texas Sized ones for when I'm in labor w/Angel Baby. If you have a recipe for Morning Glory that are out of this world please share!!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Lindsey said…
What is your pizza recipe?
Mrs. H said…
haha - i love this story! It's funny to hear the what people crave and how the birthing process happens to them. Each person is totally different! Congrats again!
LeAnna said…
I actually do have a great Morning Glory muffin recipe. I'll have to dig it up and email it to you.
A style blog said…
Oooh I can't wait to see this recipe. I loooovee me some muffins!
Kelly Marie said…
hahahha I love this story! It made me laugh and smile :) hmm what is this pizza recipe? I'm in lovee with all things pizza!
This made me laugh! And reminded me that I need to try your pizza recipe!

Congrats again on baby #5! That's so exciting! I'm ready for baby #2--I just have to get the Hubs there!
Angie said…
Those muffins sound great! I want to make a batch if you find a recipe.

I'm going to have to try your pizza too. I also came across a taco pizza the other day that I need to try!

Oh I just love it when blog buddies share yummy recipes...I always find a ton of ideas to inspire me from y'all!
Fix your husband what he wants, woman.
What a fun story. Thanks for sharing.

I've never heard of Morning glory muffins? They sound fabulous though. I love love love pastries so if you get a good recipe for these muffins let me know. I would love to try them.
Shannon said…
Morning glory muffins are my favorite. Every once in a while when I was teaching I'd treat myself to a muffin on the way into work. Actually I'd walk across the street since the school was adjacent to our little coffee shop. They're so good! Now I want one! Care to share, Laura?!
Stef said…
Wow! I am impresed. I would much rather have a fast birth than one that takes forever. (who wouldn't). I hope that you find the recipe and share it.
Lori said…
Wow, that is an AMAZING birth story! I honestly had no idea that you could be home within 2 hours of giving birth. . . awesome!
carissa said…
i can't wait to taste your morning glories once you get the recipe perfected. thank God for tums! hope you're feeling good.
Sounds very yummy.... the home made pizza that is. I never make it but I have a friend who makes a breakfast pizza to die for.

Hope you are feeling ok.

Popular Posts