American Girl Store...here we come!

I'm soooo stinkin excited today! Well #1....My mother is visiting for the week! But
Today my Mil, 2 little nieces (ok they aren't little...they are 12 and 10) me, my mom, kate, and Lily are all heading to the American Girl Store for shopping and lunch. I had to make reservations of all things...haha...
Kate is bringing her doll to have her hair done. Can you believe you can even get the doll's ears pierced. For a whopping $14 that is!
My mil said "I can pierce the dolls ears for free" Ha Ha I pictured her armed w/a drill!
Hubs wants Mil to buy Lily an Itty Bitty baby while we're there. I think he has never seen the price tags on these dolls...they collect your first born for the fee! Kate has one from years back...the thing has been through the ringer. She isn't ready to part w/her yet, but I have saved the Big Girl matching clothes for Lily to wear w/her doll too!

If I could buy a "looks like me" doll I would...but for now I'll live through my daughter's and play dress up with them!

I'm armed w/my camera...I'll post tomorrow! The boys said they would rather drop dead then go...I sort of figured that boys!!!

On to sweets. Tonight on the menu Healthy Carbonara. I don't know how healthy I'm gonna make mine since I bought Full Half n Half instead of fat free! (grins)

but for dessert we're making Apple Pockets.
I got the recipes for the week in a little booklet that came in my Parents magazine. I truly am not a fan of this mag...I got it free...I think it's too liberal in it's thinking for me. I think they are extremely one sided in their views, but I love the craft ideas and food suggestions. And of course all the cute kids and babies don't hurt either!

This week I scored w/that little recipe book! YeeHaw!
How quick and easy and delish do those sound?



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Anonymous said…
How cool!! I had 2 AG dolls when I was little, Josephina and Kaya. My grandmother bought me like ALL the accessories for them too! Can't wait to see the photos!
LeAnna said…
I've heard the American Girl store is a dangerous place for your wallet, but it will be so fun! Those apple pockets sound super easy and look so good!
I bet the American Girl Store and restauraunt is so fun! I had an AG doll while growing up, I had Molly McIntire :) I even had Molly's school desk and school supplies! I loved reading all of the AG books too!

Have fun!!
jacquelyn said…
aww i had samantha, bitty baby, and the "look like you" doll growing up:) my 8 year old pictures are even of me and samantha in sailor dresses. haha!

i went to the AG store in california 4 years ago, it was overwhelming... luckily the little girls i took had plenty of energy! but seriously, the prices.... yikes! have fun!
Shannon said…
Have fun, looking forward to pics!
I Do Declare said…
That recipe looks easy and yummy - I may try that w. blackberries, too!
New Mommy!!! said…
Awwww!!! Have fun!! I can't wait to take Nik to the American Girl Doll store with her Mimi (we've been talking about since before she was born)!! I would love an Itty Bitty Baby for Nik!

They really are no different than other babies, just a brand name and price tag. Ha, still want one for her though, ha! I still have my American doll, Samantha! I loved those stories as a kid, I can still remember them all!

Can't wait to see pics! Have Fun!

Hey if you facebook, will you vote for our little pumpkin in the Beautiful Baby Contest with our local radio station, 107.7 The Bull. There's a link on our blog, July 26th post!

Thanks so much!!

Hope your pregnancy is coming along well.

Love ya XOXO
Stephanie said…
Being in Canada mu girl's never had the American Girl doll experience! Sounds like so so much fun!
melifaif said…
Ahhhh, I love Parents. I guess that means I am a bit liberal...ack! You are correct. hehehehehe
Annie said…
I think that that whole American Girl doll thing is great. Good wholesome dolls for girls (unlike Bratz in their skimpy clothes)!! Now...if only I had a daughter so I could join in on the fun :)
I'm a grown woman and the American Girl store sounds like a dream come true! So much fun! I had a "look like me" doll when they first came out. Loved that thing!
Is it weird that I think that sounds fun and I don't have a little girl? HA!
Unknown said…
I can't wait to see the pictures. We've been to the one in Atlanta several times. I really like the food. But you better take your big purse when you go in that place. :)
carissa said…
aww, it would be so cute (and expensive-but worth it) to get lily a little bity doll!! the apple pockets look tasty and i love that they're low-fat and low-cal.
carissa said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts