Poor Baby...But Let's Go Fly a Kite


Poor Miss Lily didn't get a nap yesterday. I couldn't get her down early for a nap b4 I needed to run out the door to take oldest child to the dr for his ears. He has horrible wax build up and needs it out ever so often....he was having some ear pain and I was hoping it was just impacted wax....ANYWAYS...OFF THE GROSS STUFF...

Lily didn't get her nap and when I got home I tried to get her down, but I think I missed her window...ugh

I knew what we were in for the rest of the afternoon....and boy was I right. Poor baby...she was a mess of emotions....by 6pm I could see she needed to pass out ...but knew better...then she'd never sleep at night.

Yesterday my mom bought ME the kids some kites. We live in a wind vortex and I knew they would be fun to fly....

We took the kids and Lily outside to fly and get her mind off her crankiness....it worked for a hour!


Even Fat Pregnant Momma had to give it a try! I love the expression my mom caught on my face as my Barbie, I mean Kate's Barbie kite bit the dust!!


Then Lily's friend Ollie (Tara's 4th...the mom/neighbor I keep talking about pregnant w/her 5th just days behind me) Ollie came to swing and cheer Lily up! What are friends for???!!!


Btw ...sweet baby went down by 9pm and slept 11 hrs! Record for us! Here's hoping to a better day! Got the cousins and In Laws coming tonight for swimming and dinner...and I'm making 3 batches of the Baked Pasta



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Unknown said…
I know the missed nap thing oh to well! How fun it must have been to fly kites, I loved how you got involved with it! The baked pasta looks yummy, I must try that
haha your face is priceless
carissa said…
that is an adorable pic of you! that baked pasta looks incredible. i can't believe they got the noodles to line up so perfectly. it's the little things. : )
Aw flying kites! That's always fun no matter how old you are! Good distraction for her! Where do you find all your recipes?
Ashley said…
LOVE the pics! and I am excited to try this recipe too..I am needing a few more recipes that I can freeze on the nights I work! Thanks for sharing :)
I better not let my Monkey see that Toy Story kite! Looks like a lot of fun...at the new house we'll have lots of room for kite flying. :)


Also, you are so not a fat pregnant mama, you're a beautiful pregnant mama!!
Christi Crow said…
Love the pictures! Oh and the baked pasta just made me soooo hungry!!! We're giving that one a try!
Stef said…
I love kite flying. There is only a small window of time when you can fly kites here. Otherwise it will break the string and fly of to who knows where.
Lori said…
Left you an award! :)

http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/2010/07/pee-my-pants-flattered-another-award.html

Popular Posts