LOVING BEING A GIRL! Our American Girl Bistro Day



AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
BEING A GIRL IS SO FUN

We had a fabulous time at the American Girl store. Yes Yes...we've been there before for shopping, but never to eat too!

I'm so glad I had my smart brain on the night before....I remembered people saying how long the wait was and you needed reservations. I looked online and sure enough you could do it online. I booked us for 11:30 and it asked how many doll chairs were needed. HAHA...the dolls can sit in highchairs at the table too!

Mini Me brought her 'look alike' doll and Lily was getting a bitty baby! One of the cousin's coming was getting her 'look alike' doll yesterday...so the girls were armed w/fun! (and the gma's were armed w/money)

I heard a few boys commenting on the way in that they didn't want to go in the store w/their mom and sisters. Of how stupid it was to spend so much money on dolls and clothes. I had to speak up...for I have heard this out of the mouth of my boys too!

I compared it to the boys video games. Just the other day my oldest bought himself a game that cost $60. I mean hello? I could get 3 doll outfits for that price. But yet the boys see nothing wrong w/buying $$$ games, but yet buying a doll is stupid. The mom had to nod her head and agree and the boys still looked like they wanted to die! haha

We walked in to doll heaven and Mini Me and my mom went off looking...Lily and I went straight for Bitty Babies. She got one w/light green eyes (hers are darker green/brown...but this is the closest we could find)

Then off for the upstairs were the bistro and doll hair salon.

Lily needed to ride the escalator up and down up and down screaming 'WEEEEEEEEEEEE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE' She hasn't learned her indoor voice yet, but was getting cute stares from people. This up and down action came in handy during our lunch when Lily had had enough sitting and needed to get up and move around.

We headed to the doll salon and Kate picked a half pony tail w/ribbons for her doll....

Then off to lunch....
Lily was loving having her baby sitting next to her during the meal...she was trying to feed her baby carrots w/ranchy! (that's what we call ranch in our house)
At one point in the meal they brought out a tray of tea cup and saucer to feed the doll. Lily knew exactly what to do!!!
I'd say the food was fair. (for that price is should be knock your socks off terrific)
I had a spinach artichoke dip for my starter and Chicken Pesto sandwich for my meal. The little girls had a fruit platter for a starter and bitty lunch picnic for their meal. (consisted of bitty hamburger w/fries) I forget what the Gma's had...:o)
Here are the fortunes in the napkin rings
Here is the doll outfit I got for Kate....She needs the matching big girl outfit...but they will have to wait for another day
How cute would it be for school?

What a wonderful day to be a girl! Can't wait to go again!!! I'm off to play the lottery now to support the habit! (grins)

On another note...13 weeks today.
I'm dying to try one of those Gender Prediction things they have at the stores that you pee in the cup and it tells you pink or blue. How fun would it be to know at 13 weeks?

Still taking guesses....I'm always wrong on my guesses......

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Neely said…
I took my 9 year old cousin for her birthday 2 years ago and bought her a doll and we had the best day!
Caitrin said…
What a fun day! I have never been to one of their stores, but I loved reading the American Girl books when I was younger and even had a doll or two :)
How cute does this sound? I never had an American Girl doll but it sounds like fun! I'm sure your girls loved it!
Jocelyn said…
My daughter absolutely loves the AG store. We have never done the lunch but it looks like so much fun.
jen said…
It's a little scary when the store is that close to your house. I would be lotto-ing it too.
I predict brother for Lily. Let's see.
Annie said…
Looks like a fab day. Love the pics of Lils sitting there next to her bitty baby...so cute!!
Unknown said…
Fun, fun! But I think your new baby may be a boy.
I KNEW it looked fun! Dying over the starter course. SO adorable!
New Mommy!!! said…
I am LOVING these photos!! I can't wait to go with Nik and her Mimi.

Aww, so jealous!

I love Mini Me's Bitty Baby, want one for Nik!

I love the pic of the Bitty baby in her chair, as well as the one with Lils with Bitty Baby!

XOXO Looks like you had so much fun!
We loved taking our girls to th eAmerican Girl store! It looks like y'all had a great time!
Looks like ya'll had a blast!! I love the fruit star! Lilly looks so cute with her new itty bitty baby doll!
Shannon said…
Fun! I was never much into dolls, but Gillian Grace has already confiscated my old Madam Alexander doll that my mom has at their house. Mom and daughter days are definitely something I look forward to! Your girls all look so similar---too cute!
carissa said…
oh what fun!!! lily couldn't be any cuter with her itty bity baby!
Shari said…
My 3 daughters and I love being girls too! I thought that purple plaid outfit with the knit hat was a cute one when I saw it in the catalog.
I want a girl so bad so that I can do American Girl Doll things with her!
I have Samantha (who they don't make anymore :), my sister has Kirsten, & my other sister has Molly.

It looks like y'all had fun! I didn't know you had a Kate?!!

Popular Posts