Where Ya Been?




Ok things have been crazy busy. I barely have time to log on and check email. Hubby says that's not like me...I said...try raising 4 kids in the summer while pregnant w/the fifth!

But here I am and all is well! Hitting 12 weeks and feeling fine! Tired...moody...heartburny, but fine!!! I've gained 3 or 4 lbs...which is nothing new..I gain like a whale when I'm pregnant. I went to a friend's baby shower this weekend...HER 5TH TOO. ....and she hasn't gained an ounce. All that is big is her belly! I h*te ppl like that! I get big in my boobs...arms (to support the Dolly's I say)...thighs...butt...face....feet...legs...list keeps growing w/my belly!! BUT I LOVE HAVING BABIES GROWING INSIDE ME. Maybe one day we'll stop! :o)

Menu Monday...is pretty bland...oldest and Mini me are getting braces put on this week (well the appliance end of it so far) on wed. I have a feeling their mouths will be really sore so I've planned Chicken Noodle Soup and Tomato Soup w/grilled cheese for thurs and fri

Pizza Quesadillas you ask? Well my famous chef (well he should be famous) husband grabbed what food we had in the house on saturday and made the kids Pizza Quesadillas...(leftover tortillas...leftover pepperoni) and boom...a favorite w/the kids was born! Leftover pizza sauce for dipping and now they are begging for it again this week!!!

I've made 3 batches of Morning Glory muffins....Thanks to Leanna over at Thoughts and Whatnots for emailing a recipe. It was soooo similar to mine...all that was different was her's had 1/2 cup more coconut and mine had more cinnamon! So here is the recipe...Knock yourself out and bake!

1/2 cup chopped pecans

2 cups grated raw carrot (about 2-3 peeled carrots)

1 large apple, peeled and grated

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/4 cups granulated white sugar

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon (3.5 grams) salt

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1 cup coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)

3 large eggs

3/4 cup oil

1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla

extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place rack in center of oven. Place paper liners in 18 muffin cups.

Toast the pecans

or walnuts for about 8 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant. Let cool and then chop coarsely. Peel and finely grate the carrots and apple. Set aside. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon. Stir in the nuts and coconut. Set aside. In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, oil, and vanilla extract
. Fold the wet ingredients, along with the grated carrot and apple, into the flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Evenly divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups and bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. After about 10 minutes remove the muffins from the pans and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting. Makes 18 standard-sized muffins.


Here is more of our previous week

the girls on the slip n slide


This is how I found the kids one day during lunch...it made my heart smile...and snapped a pic b4 anyone was any the wiser!


This would be the mood of Lily lately...no idea what is up w/her...she's been in a demanding mood and doesn't like to hear NO
I love the spit hanging! Priceless..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Annie said…
3-4 pounds for 12 weeks isnt much weight to gain at all?!!?!? what are you taling about??
Poor Lils...that pictue makes me sad :( awww....that little face!!!!
melifaif said…
Yes, the drool really sets off the mood...
Liz Mays said…
You are always so busy!!! I'm glad you're enjoying pregnancy so much. I always did too!
Neely said…
Precious pic of the kiddos!
LeAnna said…
Meatball subs sound really good! I think I'll put some dough in the bread machine to make some sub rolls, and make that for tonight. Yummo!
LOVE the pic with all four kiddos, that is a great shot, I bet you are thrilled to have your camera back!
Mrs. H said…
Looks like you have your hands full! Love the chalk board by the way!
Unknown said…
Thanks for the recipe!! Girl, you are crazy busy! I'm glad you're feeling good through your pregnancy so far.
Kristen said…
oh how can you say no to that face :-)

Pizza Quesidillas sound delicious!
Well, now I know why my arms "expand" when I'm preggers...it has to be to support the Dollys! :)

My Lilly has been a mess lately too...seriously, check back a few posts and I captured one of her little meltdowns. I swear they are soul sisters.
SimplySandi said…
Love the pictures - especially the "sisters" although the drool is classic. Stay cool !
oh lily is getting so big! I missed ya last week!

2 kids with braces in one week! Soup is definitely a good one for the menu! I want braces again.. That's bad..

I love that you love the babies growing inside you I think that's amazing and can't wait to have it one day.
Jess2Impress said…
I love the tantrum face with the shirt that says, "Daddy's Little Princess." It is priceless :-)
Lily is so precious! What a great picture!

Missed you!! Let's catch up this week! xoxo
Shannon said…
Awww...Lily!

Glad you're hanging in there. No kidding summer's are so crazy! Who ever says summer is relaxing certainly doesn't have kids!!! Take care, girl! Post a pic of yourself soon, puhlease!!! I'm betting you look beautiful!
A style blog said…
First I love your little "demon baby" lol. She's too cute. What a little spit fire.

Second, again your menus always look awesome.

Third, listen here lady 3-4 pounds at 12 weeks is nothing. I think at that point I had gained like 11!!

Thank god it has slowed down/nearly stoped. I was giving myself a heart attack. I was sure I was going to gain 60 pounds! (luckily it looks like it will be 40-45. Not great but not too awful)
Amber said…
Can I just say that you are the mom I want to be!! Your daughter is upset and moody and you're taking pictures! Sometimes you just have to let them cry it out. :)
Totally Priceless! It's awesome you would think to take a picture of her like that, because when the kids are all grown up, it's nice to be able to look back and see ALL their faces...not just the "say cheese" smiles :) This one will have to go onto her wedding slideshow someday! haha

btw-new follower, found you on texas blogging gals!

Popular Posts