Birthday Boy and 4th of July Celebration


Dear Hubs is 39 today...for the past 3 years he's told people he's 40...I don't know if he truly forgets or just wants to look younger! HAHA...

Not much going on today...He's still in bed asleep and Lily and I baked some Blueberry Muffins to start the birthday morning!

Dinner? We'll have his traditional Steak and Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Cake!!!

Gifts? Totally bummed...Lily and I planned on making his gift this year...you know one of those stepping stones...(got the idea from Melissa...Hanging w/Mr Cooper's blog) but ours didn't turn out at all...as soon as I was finished spreading the stuff it harden before I could even get her hands in it. I nearly sobbed! I tried putting some water on it and mashing her little hand as hard as I could w/o hurting her...nothing! How can the stuff harden in 2 secs flat? So Melissa...if you are reading this...where did you get your kit b/c mine was a bust!!! I have nothing to give him for his birthday! I have my love! haha! Maybe a trip to the gun range will be the answer...I better hurry and make a coupon for that huh?

Last night we headed next door to the pregnant chick...(haha...the neighbor I told you who is preg w/her 5th too) Her hubs set up a launching pad for all our fireworks. The little kids were half scared half cheering.....I think we will make this a tradition next year, but have a better plan...you know...maybe a fire pit for roasting smores and music to go w/the cool stuff the men bought!

My camera? Ohhhh how I miss you....I did hear from Canon last Wednesday and they said they received my camera and are making the necessary repairs at no charge? huh? and would have my camera back to me in 7 business days from date of email! WOW....so does that mean I could get her back this week? It seems like years in camera time!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Courtney said…
Yay for your camera!!! Have a great day celebrating your hubs birthday.
Stephanie said…
Happy B Day to your Hubs and I wish your camera a speedy return!
Shannon said…
I saw your blog on The Big Cursive L. I did a stepping stone for my brother and it turned out great. I got it from JoAnn Fabrics. Hope that helps.
Heather said…
Your hubby & I have the same birthday!! I hope he has a great one!!
Stef said…
Hey, he is the same age as my hubby. Bry always forgets how old he is...I think it is funny... funny because if he forgets how old he is, I can't figure out how old I am.
Isn't it great to have friends...next door. I am gonna come to your place next year. Sounds like fun!
Caitrin said…
Happy Birthday to your Hubby!!

Oh and congrats on winning the Lillypie Accessories freebie!! :)
Nic said…
Happy Birthday Hubby! Oh girl my heart feels you on the camara issues! Felt like I lost my best friend when Bubba broke my lens!
Lori said…
I just realized I wasn't 'following' you, even though I've been reading your blogs all along!

Gah. Your dinner sounds amazing. Happy birthday to your hubs!
Shannon said…
Happy belated b'day to your hubby! Glad you'll be getting your camera back shortly!
Happy Birthday to the Hubs!!

Hope your camera arrives back home soon!!!
Jen said…
Hoping your hubby has a great birthday and your camera has a safe return.
Love the story about you and your neighbor! Neat stuff. I'm going to check out her blog.
Have a great night!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HIM! I haven't stopped by in a while--been super busy with the summer! I'm getting back into the swing of things!

Congrats on baby #5--to both you & your friend! So exciting!!!
jen said…
Ah, to be 39 again . . . it seems so long ago.
Just 23 months!
Happy b-day to your hubby. I hope he had a fabulous day :)

It sounds like your fourth was good. And how fun that your neighbor has 5 kids also.

Sorry to hear your stone didn't turn out right. Bummer. I had the complete opposite problem than you did with mine. Mine wouldn't harden. It was all watery. Try it again. I'm sure you will get it next time. Also I'm sure your hubs will love it when he does get it.
Stephanie said…
Sounds like you had a nice 4th and Happy Birthday to your hubs!

Also, wanted to let you know that I nominated you for an award on my blog that I'm passing on! Pop over to check it out -> http://stefibeth.blogspot.com/2010/07/award.html
melifaif said…
I can only imagine. I just had a point and shoot. And it was stolen...I felt lost. I am now in the running to get a nice one - like said one in the shop! Eeek. Congrats on the lovely baby news...
New Mommy!!! said…
Happy Birthday and 4th!!

Sounds like you have fab neighbors!!

Popular Posts