Just the 14 of Us

14...that's the total number of people that will be living in my house and the house next door.

I'll never forget watching their house being built...wondering who are they? Do they have kids etc...does she stay home...will she think I'm totally spastic and not want to be my friend?...

Well lookie lookie at my surprise when it was a SAHM w/3 kids (all boys) came to look at the house being built! Being the nosey neighbor that I am I rushed over to chat it up! I had 3 kids at the time too and was super excited to get a friend. Whether she wanted to be my friend or not she was going to be. HA HA

When they finally moved in she said "Hey guess what? I'm 10 weeks pregnant"

I motioned for her to come over....and whispered "I'm 8 weeks pregnant but haven't told the kids yet"

How exciting to find that not only did she have 3 kids she was pregnant w/a 4th just weeks ahead of me!

Thankfully she has days just like me...it's nice when you have a friendship w/your neighbor where you can give a look over the fence and she knows exactly what you mean...'it's one of those days ...where you want to pull your hair out b/c the noise level is high and summer has no end in sight!' She gets it!

Well she ended up having a 4th boy and we had girl....just 3 weeks apart! Here is a picture from my baby shower back then...

Little Ollie and Lily have become friends from the womb!

(Tara w/Ollie Me w/Lillian)

During the week while the big kids were in school my dear friend would bring over a huge container of salsa and chips (from a fantastic Mexican food place in town) ...we'd let the little babes scoot over the floor while we chatted over salsa...Dubbing those days "Salsa Days"
Now we'll txt saying..."When's the next SD?" It's great having someone so close that can come over and hang out for a hour or so (that's about how long the babies last b4 demanding our attention) chatting about mommyhood!

Then a few shorts months ago we got pregnant w/#5 and so did Tara....sadly we miscarried and shocking enough a few weeks later so did Tara. We were shocked ...esp b/c there were 3 of us in the neighborhood who miscarried within days and weeks of each other. I started to panic thinking there was something in the water...but it's all in God's plan!

Now get a load of this....Tara and I are expecting baby #5 again...this time instead of weeks...we are days apart! Stay tuned to see if Tara has a house full of boys or a little girl is in the works. Follow her blog here.

So in total that is 14 of us...not including 1 dog a piece to our households....things get a little crazy here...but we wouldn't have it any other way!!!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Sam said…
I always think it's so neat when friends have the same amount of kids and are pregnant at the same time! I hope to be one of those some day! Congratulations to your neighborhood's double addition! :)
A style blog said…
That is absolutely crazy! It must be so amazing to have someone to share your pregnancy with.

I need mommy friends. :(
Annie said…
That is really crazy (and awesome) that you two have so much in common!! How fun to be going through this all together!!
I Do Declare said…
You're so lucky to have a friend so close, and to be in such sync with her life. I love your SD Days! One of my best friends used to work near me and we'd have daily DC (diet coke) breaks. She moved jobs, and is soon moving to a new town - I will miss her so much! Sweet post!
LeAnna said…
It is so awesome to have someone like this to share life with! Good girlfriends are a true treasure.
Secret Mommy said…
I am jealous! The house next door to me is for sale and I pray every day for a couple with young children to move in! LOVE it that you have each other!!!
Talk about a full house...you guys are filling them up! I love it!! I agree, it is so nice to have a close friend who you can totally relate to...it makes motherhood that much better!

I'm going to hop over and check out her blog! Have a happy day!
Kelly Marie said…
I love that you had Lil and she had her baby boy at the same time & that it's happening again!! That is so awesome to have some to talk about and experience it again at the same time!
WOW! That's so great to have a good neighbor and a neighbor with kids the same age! How funny about how close everything is with the new ones coming. I think about our neighbors all the time because they all already have kids but we're not close so it'd be nice to have neighbors with kids the same age.
Angie said…
Wow! You guys have so much in common...good friends are the BEST!
Amber said…
That is CRAZY! Wow - I hope I have a great neighbor like that one day. :)
Hannah said…
I am your newest follower. That is so awesome that you guys are pregnant again together! How fun to have a friend to share it all with.

http://ourhappyhomeblog.blogspot.com
LisanChris03 said…
What a great reminder of how God has every little detail in our lives taken care of. He loves us so much that He would give us our hearts desires and a friend to share them with. :)
Farmchick said…
Hi~ just out blog hopping and i found my way here...what an amazing story you told....and how lucky you are to have a dear friend so close. Stop over for a visit anytime. :)
Lily Dawn said…
I don't even know how I came across your blog, but it is adorable!! We have a lot in common =) Love the belly pics- that is awesome that you have a neighbor like that. I always loved being pregnant with someone else, made the time go by faster for me~

Lily
Stephanie said…
Sounds like you have made some amazing friends in your neighborhood. Nothing bonds friends like kids. Off to check out her blog!
Shannon said…
That's just the neatest story! I am so envious of your relationship with your neighbors. We were hoping for that here but haven't found it yet which is leaving us talking of moving again...

Happy 4th!
carissa said…
how cool is this! i hope she gets a girl this time! : )

Popular Posts