Early Wake Up Call...and Menu Monday


Hubs always kisses me before he leaves in the morning...(usually between 6-6:30) This morning I motioned towards the fan and did my hand movement for ..."TURN THE FAN ON I'M HOT" I guess he thought I was wanting a 'high five' b/c that's just what he did....So I whispered "No, turn the fan on...please" I didn't want to wake Lily ...she's a light sleeper. So he flips the switch...only it's the LIGHT switch....

It felt like that moment from Christmas Vacation w/Chevy Chase when he finally gets the lights lit on outside of his house and the neighbors next door get blinded by the brightness.

EEEEKK....off light goes on fan. Ugh...you would think after 3 yrs of living in this house he would remember which one is the light and fan. Well....next thing I know...Little Lily is awake...and I can't get her back to sleep to save my life. Pity, b/c the child takes forever to settle at night and really needs to sleep until after 8 to get a good night's rest in. (she usually can't fall asleep until 10-11pm....I know ugh huh?)

Needless to say I'm hoping this mean an early nap and early bedtime!!

Our menu is looking pretty swell this week if I do say so myself! I'm off to clean house...my mom is coming to stay for the week! ROCK ON

Here are a few recipes ....in case you were going to ask (wink wink)



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Shannon said…
I'm a fan of carbs and pasta carbonnara, especially a healthy version, is aces in my book! Sorry for the early wake up. Fingers crossed for early nap and bedtime for Lily!
Natalie said…
Pretty sure that the pasta looks delish! Might have to add that one to my menu for the week as well!
Stephanie said…
I've been in my house for almost 10 years...still mix up the lights! ha

Your recipes here sound delish!
Our Bug is also a light sleeper...I could go into my son's room to put away laundry, look for something, or saw logs for that matter and he'd stay asleep, but if I even step on one creaky floorboard the Bug is wide awake.

Hoping you get an early naptime today!!
I'm still waiting for my meals to be delivered in the mail. :) I have everything to make the carbonnara maybe I'll try that tonight!
Kristy Villa said…
I'm glad I kept reading...I was just about to ask what's healthy carbonara.
I love checking out you monday meals -always inspires me (:
SimplySandi said…
Sorry for the early wake up call! You menu looks great!
Stephanie said…
Mmmm, sounds like a yummy week! I need to do better with planning a weekly menu...
Lori said…
That pasta looks DELICIOUS! Now I'm hungry :(((
Annie said…
your menu's are alway motivation for me to plan as well :)....i'm going to have to try these!!
Stef said…
Oh man. That light is so bright in the mornings. Our fan and light are the same switch. I try to remember to turn the light off so that in the wee hours of the morning when I am stinking hot I don't wake the whole house with the flash of light.
You poor mama! I hope you got your nap!
Jesson Balaoing said…
what's healthy carbonara is?

Popular Posts