They Think I Rock

My kids think I'm the bomb. It's only because they haven't really ventured off past the front steps to the really great bakeries or restaurants of the world yet. So for now I'm the best in the world.

They think my cooking rocks....they think my baked goods rock and it melts my heart to hear it.

Mini Me's big 10 bday was on the 26th and she wanted a cookie cake. Well for starters I hate heading to the mall for just that.....and 2nd have you seen the price tag on those things?

I can do this myself I thought...and I did just that! Take your favorite cookie recipe and grab your baking stone. I used parchment paper and traced the size circle I wanted. (I was making 2) Remember to press your dough almost to the edge of the circle b/c the cookie dough will spread just a little! Viola! Your own cookie cake. (don't forget to under bake a bit...who likes a crunchy cookie cake)

I grabbed all my cool tips and after the cookie cooled and decorated away! They turned out cute!

What's even better...the kids thought I bought them and when I told them I didn't...they said I rocked and they were the best cookie cakes in the world...better than the store ones!

Hubs had my digital camera for work....but I was able to snap some w/my cell phone.
I've been instructed to make a heart one for Valentines Day....

I had more weird dreams again last night...I'm hoping the end is near! I keep reminding myself to enjoy these semi quiet moments and the fact that I'm actually getting good sleep at night.

And the fact that Lily can play quietly by herself so I can grab a few minutes of blogging stalking too.
Ohhhh and showers...I can shower w/o worrying about her...pretty soon I'll have a little person sitting in a bouncy chair watching me shower again! Sooooo yes, I'll sit back w/my feet up and enjoy these last few days or week w/just the 2 of us. (yes mom I count the big kids, but they are in school....)


Comments

Carey said…
I love making cookie cakes! Its always been my birthday cake of choice...I guess I really am young at heart :)
So glad to hear you are still doing well! You look great in your last pic and I know he will be here soon! Get lots of neck sugar for me! Its my favorite :)
And hug lily extra tight everynight. I remember hugging E and thinking this could be the last night you are my baby! Bitteersweet
Shannon said…
No wonder your kids think you're awesome...you are!

Loved the cookie cake and when you texted I immediately thought it was store bought since it turned out so well!

I can only imagine my thoughts should GG some day become a sibling...I think a part of me will always consider her (or any of my children for that matter) my baby!

Happy Friday, girl! I'm thinking R makes his debut this weekend...fingers crossed!
Drew's Mom said…
You absolutely rock! The closest thing I could do like that would be to spread frosting on a chips a hoy! Lol Great job! and Happy belated birthday Kate!
Annie said…
i also think you rock!! and i think i need to make one of these for myself!! ;)
Jumping Jack said…
You do ROCK! Those cookies cakes turned out awesome!

You better rest up! Reid will be here soon! I'm with Shannon and think he may come this weekend!
Love from Texas said…
ok now i'm craving cookie cake... a pizza pan works well too!
carissa said…
You certainly do rock!!! Go mama! I love the cookie cake! Great decorating too. Delist. Can't wait to see the heart one. Enjoy the showers while you can! : )
Tiffany said…
SO cute! Thanks for the tips. I've been wanting to try to make one.
Those look just like the ones from Great American Cookie!! I have been thinking about making one of those soon. Looks great!!
Stephanie said…
Your cookie cake does rock! We have a bake sale coming up at my kids school...I might try my hand at a couple of those. Thanks for the idea. :)
Karen said…
You did a great job on the cookie cake. I can't tell you how many I buy a year because we love them. I cringe at the price and often try to talk my kids into a regular cake :) I have always been scared to try and make them but your turned out great maybe I can do it.

Popular Posts