Only In Texas.....

.....will it snow for a day and you'll see everyone acting like it's the first time.

I will always act like a child when it snows. I (along w/everyone else I'm sure) love it for the first day (or few mins) and then the novelty wears off. OHHH I said those exacts words yesterday about pregnancy too! Ha well it applies to both.

Weather reports said it was coming....and I was the kids were glued to the window waiting for the first flake to fall. When it did they came down huge.

I bundled the baby up...(ok she's not a baby) and took her to the porch....then I realized how really cold it was and took her in for heavier clothes.....then after naptime she made snowy angels in the back yard...

here are the beat down pictures of our snow day

kate was trying to get me to capture her breath...(didn't work)

Wild Thang in her Aggie Scarf mommy made

Pretty in Pink

Notice Big Brother in this picture throwing snowballs at Lil? It's making contact w/her right arm in this pic haha

Now after naptime...I took her for a stroll to the pond to see the ducks...

daddy came to join....he brought the crazy dog...I captured hubs in his outfit haha

one word...CLASSIC (sweats tucked into his work boots and aggie hat backwards)

Then off for Snowy Angels..

Lily walked into the yard and threw herself down and proceeded to make 'snowy angels'

I think she must have watched too much Little Bear or Dino Dan b/c I've never taught her this.

(gotta end w/the runny nose and eyes photo)

Means an ending to a great day

My mother keeps asking where all the big kids were? Well 1. who wants to hang out w/mom? and 2. Who wants to hang out w/mom?

They took off to make a 6" snowman. I ran in to get my camera and by the time I got back to them it had fallen over! ugh! I usually always get a shot of them next to one each year...

(ok added some from last year...lily was sooo little)

I'm esp fond of the daddy daughter photo! (boy he's hot)

Day ended great...we had hot chocolate w/so many marshmallows I'm not even sure it can be considered hot chocolate at that point! Here's to another fabulous snowy day in Texas!

Comments

nomo wino daph said…
Oh my goodness...look at all that snow. How fun...looks like everyone had a ball:)

Happy Monday,
Daph
Hattie said…
Love the pics! Looks like the kiddos had a blast. My boys saw that it was snowing in Texas and I had to burst their bubble and explain that it was only in North Texas!!! They were not happy!!
Shannon said…
Laura, love all the pics and love even more that I got a sneak peek with the photos from yesterday's text! Lily looks adorable! No snow here, which is not a surprise for Coastal Alabama! :) It is cold though and we did have sleet yesterday!

Hope all is well (I emailed ya last night)!

Hugs, friend!
Neely said…
Lils is so cute! I want to be that age in the snow you just appreciate it so much more!
mountain mama said…
love the pics. yes, i enjoy the snow the first few minutes. but, then there are wet floors, cold kids, smelly dogs...

:)

have a great week!
Jumping Jack said…
Lils is too cute! Looks like yall had fun in the snow. We only watched it through the window - but it was really pretty! :)
Tiffany said…
Ooh, fun day! Great pictures! :)
jen said…
This is what I desperately miss about the snow. It's so FUN for a few minutes.
Alas, I'll swim and sweat all summer, and when the rest of the world's complaining in February, I'll juice a few more ruby reds!
Your blog is so beautiful, and so are your little ones. All the pictures makes me miss Texas tons :) Hope ya'll had fun in the snow!!

http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/
It looks like you guys had a good old fashion snow day :) I'm glad the kids had fun.
The Regal Pup said…
How fun! Kids look like they had a blast!

P.S. Your neighborhood looks super cute!
Awesome pics! Looks like ya'll had a fun little snow day! I always put way too many marshmallows in my hot chocolate too :)
carissa said…
Oh what fun!!!we missed the snow by a few degrees and ended up with iced bridges and roads instead. Still a snow day for all the kids; just with no snow! Your kids got the better end of the deal! And she's still the baby for a few more weeks... And she looks so cute in her snow gear!
awee so much fun in the snow! i'm always like a kid when it snows too and i get super excited... hubs on the other hand hates it but I'm trying to get him to warm up to it haha love making snowmen and snowcream!! mmmm! :)
Stef said…
I love a snowy day. I hate driving in a snowy day, but playing it is so fun!!! And she is a natural at those snow angels. Ha!
Jennifer said…
I love seeing the little one's as they are amazed by the snow :) Snow angels are a must in any snow storm. Looks like the whole clan had fun :)
Annie said…
That light pink coat with the pretty collar that Lils is wearing is the cutest thing that I have ever seen!!

Popular Posts